Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

29 minutes ago, michu said:

They did cheekily mention a HE delay

What is still missing for the Dwarven mountain holds?image.png.c339b066e334d88824cffc863a4de2d8.png Or is this a reference for the made to order that's on pre-order this saturday?

This kind of roadmap feels a bit outdate or late. I mean, it would have made a lot more sense that this roadmap was the week before the monday Warhammer community article that announced WoC and certainly before the pre-orders of WoC and made to order dwarfs.

After WoC it's atleast 14 weeks before The Empire, if it is released mid january 2025.

Sadly we are back to the drought that was from O&G to Dwarfen mountain holds. 😞 There goes picking up the pace.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, michu said:

Yes! New stuff for Empire! And I think we're going to see Aislinn! My Lothern Sea Patrol might be a reality!

Also, for Empire mention new minis, in plural, but for HE a new character. So maybe just a new hero.

And they mention delays for HE, so this smells to me that the had no new minis at all and decided last second to delay it so at least there's one new hero.

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

This kind of roadmap feels a bit outdate or late. I mean, it would have made a lot more sense that this roadmap was the week before the monday Warhammer community article that announced WoC and certainly before the pre-orders of WoC and made to order dwarfs.

After WoC it's atleast 14 weeks before The Empire, if it is released mid january 2025.

Sadly we are back to the drought that was from O&G to Dwarfen mountain holds. 😞 There goes picking up the pace.

Maybe it was supposed to be shown during Gen Con.

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, for Empire mention new minis, in plural, but for HE a new character. So maybe just a new hero.

And they mention delays for HE, so this smells to me that the had no new minis at all and decided last second to delay it so at least there's one new hero.

Definitely Aislinn 

Not like it matters. But yeah, I called it in the rumor thread, roadmaps are useless. This one especially is because it's so vague, it's just to put Valrak and the likes back to the place they belong - in the entertainment bin. Warhammer Community is the only trusted source for rumors.

Reason is certainly because logistic situation is so uncertain right now they don't want to corner themselves by giving a month they won't be sure to fulfill. I don't think people understand how much work and time needed it is to put back production of whole Warhammer factions like Empire, even if it's just old models.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So I was right : No Teclis and Tyrion but Sealord commander together with returning Sea patrol list and Merwyrm :

Following a little while behind (delayed by some delicious intrigue at court) are the High Elves, Merwyrming their way back in with their own host of classic kits plus a nautical new character.

31 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

At least we know the next two factions and that they will receive new stuff.

Knowing what are the next 2 factions is irrelevant, since you can't buy the models until they are released anyway. It's justification for the inevitable deception of the roadmap being useless. Always the same pattern every single time, and yet people keep asking for more of it even though the answer (and deception) will not change.

I'm sure now people will try to know what is next after High Elves. It's pointless and has no end. Just enjoy what is available now and not caring about the future is the best result, IMHO.

7 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Knowing what are the next 2 factions is irrelevant, since you can't buy the models until they are released anyway. It's justification for the inevitable deception of the roadmap being useless. Always the same pattern every single time, and yet people keep asking for more of it even though the answer (and deception) will not change.

I'm sure now people will try to know what is next after High Elves. It's pointless and has no end. Just enjoy what is available now and not caring about the future is the best result, IMHO.

I find it useful. So for me it is enough.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I find it useful. So for me it is enough.

Then blessed you are. But is it really enough for you ? Aren't you wondering about what will come after High Elves already ?

As for myself, my project with dwarves is near completion, I will soon have the joy to play a siege against a dwarf fortress !

Just now, Sarouan said:

Then blessed you are. But is it really enough for you ? Aren't you wondering about what will come after High Elves already ?

As for myself, my project with dwarves is near completion, I will soon have the joy to play a siege against a dwarf fortress !

Not really. So far I only care about what new minis could the Empire bring. Then the long wait for new armies.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

We already know what's coming after High elves. 

It's the Wood elves and Beastmen, as they were announced way back before TK and Bret's were released. We don't have a release date or hints of what's coming which puts them in almost the same boat as Empire and High elves, as all we have are vague hints. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

We already know what's coming after High elves. 

It's the Wood elves and Beastmen, as they were announced way back before TK and Bret's were released. We don't have a release date or hints of what's coming which puts them in almost the same boat as Empire and High elves, as all we have are vague hints. 

Lol, yeah.  And isn't even a mystery. It will be WoC, Empire, High Elves, Beastmen and Wood Elves. It will be in that order. They could just have added it. But no, they want to be vague just to be vague. The whole show was a big fail. One of the worst they did.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Lol, yeah.  And isn't even a mystery. It will be WoC, Empire, High Elves, Beastmen and Wood Elves. It will be in that order. They could just have added it. But no, they want to be vague just to be vague. The whole show was a big fail. One of the worst they did.

IMO Beasts will be the last one.

Also, it is sad that the pattern from the shields wasn't followed to the very last release :(

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

IMO Beasts will be the last one.

Also, it is sad that the pattern from the shields wasn't followed to the very last release :(

I put beastmen for Wood elves, because Empire and High Elves are two forces of fantasy in a row. So it seems much more plausible that it's Beastmen instead of a third one from the forces of fantasy book.

6 hours ago, Tonhel said:

What is still missing for the Dwarven mountain holds?image.png.c339b066e334d88824cffc863a4de2d8.png Or is this a reference for the made to order that's on pre-order this saturday?

The wording suggests the faction, not a MTO.

And yeah, there's no mystery about which factions are after High Elves, we know it's Beastmen and Wood Elves. It's also funny how the article gave more information than the stream, such as new miniatures for Empire (hopefully more than just resin units/characters), and a new character for High Elves.

High Elves being delayed is interesting, as it would explain why the shield pattern has been broken.

Edited by Sathrut
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sathrut said:

The wording suggests the faction, not a MTO.

Not all dwarf kits are currently available for sale at the time of the preview, that's all that means (pre-order is still not release day ;) ).

10 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Not all dwarf kits are currently available for sale at the time of the preview, that's all that means (pre-order is still not release day ;) ).

Which makes it even more a joke.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

While true, the text for Dwarfs sound like they're talking about the entire faction: "Dwarfen Mountain Holds take to the field of battle once more". On the accompanying picture they show the Anvil of Doom and a Chaos Lord and Hell Cannon; the former is already out and the latter are soon to be released.

I could be reading too much into it, but it seems odd to say "Dwarfen Mountain Holds taking to the field", show an iconic mini for the faction (that's already released), but they're referring to the second wave of stuff.

Edited by Sathrut