Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

Yeah, but people always have unreasonnable expectations from GW preview shows. It's not helped by the self-defeating hype built by some online channels / forums.

That's why I better enjoy what is available ATM rather than planning on what vague roadmap information. Especially in the Old World, where we have all the rules needed to play all factions, including those not released, and in particular for those who already own said armies / print their own.

Arcane journals just add new rules to play with, that are nice to have when they're out but they're never absolutely necessary to enjoy the game right now.

Edited by Sarouan
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Yeah, but people always have unreasonnable expectations from GW preview shows. It's not helped by the self-defeating hype built by some online channels / forums.

That's why I better enjoy what is available ATM rather than planning on what vague roadmap information. Especially in the Old World, where we have all the rules needed to play all factions, including those not released, and in particular for those who already own said armies / print their own.

Arcane journals just add new rules to play with, that are nice to have when they're out but they're never absolutely necessary to enjoy the game right now.

Solid advice, but still I can't get over it how bad it was. They really have a talent in killing the hype.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Dwarf handgun runes say otherwise! 😜

You already could equip your heroes with handguns in the core rules, it's just adding rules to make them better. Model wise, it motivates you to have one hero miniature equiped with a handgun. The kind of addon that doesn't ask too much time / money and certainly doesn't need a roadmap to plan. :P

Welp, Marienburg and Nuln armies confirmed for the Empire Arcane Journal with this article and the info from the previews. ;)

Also confirmation one of the new Chaos units is Wolves of the Sea, and apparently exclusive to one of the Chaos armies of infamy.

Interesting that their point of view of the Arcane Journals are addons to tell an evolutive story, and they're not intended to be just one per faction. Second Orcs and Goblins + Dwarf Arcane Journals ? Yes please.

26 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Welp, Marienburg and Nuln armies confirmed for the Empire Arcane Journal with this article and the info from the previews. ;)

Also confirmation one of the new Chaos units is Wolves of the Sea, and apparently exclusive to one of the Chaos armies of infamy.

Interesting that their point of view of the Arcane Journals are addons to tell an evolutive story, and they're not intended to be just one per faction. Second Orcs and Goblins + Dwarf Arcane Journals ? Yes please.

I enjoy articles like this so much more than the preview shown a couple of hours ago.

Yeah, this seems a kind of a hint of more Arcane Journales per faction. Very cool! I already like Frydaal the Chainmaker as a character. Hopefully there will be a miniature sooner than later for her. I am still wondered why it wasn't possible to have 1 new dismounted resin mini for this release.

I loved every Arcane Journal so far, so this one is a must buy too.

Edit: The miniature is coming. Let's hope it is still this year :-D! Bizar conflicting with the article of two weeks ago. This would mean it would be wave three for WoC? As it was mentioned that wave 1 and 2 had no new mini's.

image.png.567cfb2ac9712b596cbf711772cda8f3.png

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

I enjoy articles like this so much more than the preview shown a couple of hours ago.

Yeah, this seems a kind of a hint of more Arcane Journales per faction. Very cool! I already like Frydaal the Chainmaker as a character. Hopefully there will be a miniature sooner than later for her. I am still wondered why it wasn't possible to have 1 new dismounted resin mini for this release.

I loved every Arcane Journal so far, so this one is a must buy too.

Edit: The miniature is coming. Let's hope it is still this year :-D! Bizar conflicting with the article of two weeks ago. This would mean it would be wave three for WoC? As it was mentioned that wave 1 and 2 had no new mini's.

image.png.567cfb2ac9712b596cbf711772cda8f3.png

We know Burlock Damminson has a new miniature waiting to be released too, so probably a safe bet that most new (if not all) AJ characters will receive a miniature at some point.

Edited by Sathrut
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Decent Frydaal the Chainmaker stand in while waiting for an official model for anyone lucky enough to have got her as an event exclusive a couple of years ago?

cfzxuxqzph071.jpg.76e41558028c0af2e74d3eeb8d8b4ac7.jpg

O44TBqu2hf2hJmPX.jpg.aafa38f990b8b5017b3bffba0c28384a.jpg

Super idea! I have her. I was planning to use her as a aspiring champion for a unit of Chaos Warriors for StD, but she gets promoted 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some people might be happy to float through life uncritically buying whatever new releases come up but some of us have to actually plan our spending some way ahead, fortunately the old world one lets us do that somewhat, especially compared to some of the other ones, but its not great.

Well, i mean it does help confirm that you cant really rely on GW marketing, the rumour youtubers and the like are genuinely more helpful. I mean with old world especially the team is apparently trying to undermine warhammer community by posting stuff on fb instead... Madness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Looks fantastic. The Marauders of the sea army looks very fun, you could really get creative with it and make a giant Chaos Horde of various monsters and hordes of infantry. 

I'm really happy with the direction they are taking the Old World so far, the team working on it seem to understand that part of the appeal is customizing and adding unique character to "your dudes". 

As the Empire are next and the hints seem to indicate that Nuln will be an army of infamy then I'm hoping that the  units from Tamurkhan make an appearance. 

• LOVE IT! 1

Just now, AquaRegis said:

Looks fantastic. The Marauders of the sea army looks very fun, you could really get creative with it and make a giant Chaos Horde of various monsters and hordes of infantry. 

I'm really happy with the direction they are taking the Old World so far, the team working on it seem to understand that part of the appeal is customizing and adding unique character to "your dudes". 

As the Empire are next and the hints seem to indicate that Nuln will be an army of infamy then I'm hoping that the  units from Tamurkhan make an appearance. 

Yeah, certainly when it seems that with AoS they are going in the complete opposite direction. An article like this creates hype at its finest!

What a fun little rule with little consequence but huge narrative impact. Love it.

The old world seems to be where the GW writers go to enjoy the game again.

Edit: To add. I love the raiders army concept but even as a huge beastman fan I can't imagine being stuck on a boat with them for weeks! "When I find out who told them this is the poopdeck I'll skin them alive!"

Edited by The Red King
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

A bit sad they didn't tahe this opportunity to bring the Chaos Mammoth back, since it's perfect for a marauder / Norsca army and Wolves of the Sea are exactly that. Well, it's understandable a Mammoth isn't really suited to be put on a ship.

It should lead to interesting conversions, I believe. I wonder, what would be interesting to use and give a good "sea marauder" vibe to the miniatures...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

A bit sad they didn't tahe this opportunity to bring the Chaos Mammoth back, since it's perfect for a marauder / Norsca army and Wolves of the Sea are exactly that. Well, it's understandable a Mammoth isn't really suited to be put on a ship.

It should lead to interesting conversions, I believe. I wonder, what would be interesting to use and give a good "sea marauder" vibe to the miniatures...

Maybe with a campaign book? Its certainly a kit that will be very pricey.

Anyway loving what I have read in the article.