Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Also I hate that I do in fact still want the skin wolves. I've always wanted them and they went out of production before I could nab any.

Dragons cool too. But probably not gonna buy it.

It's a shame this event only guy isn't returning too

eventonlyskinwolf.jpg.27912aaeefe57efbfebe709d11880b6c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

This is an awesome rule. Though I can't see many Marauder players invoking it against opponents with Hammerer or Grail Knight champions!

JxhVR39JGqSWjy2n.jpg.c51dde6c51a228d114c0ad94b38daee4.jpg

Going to be very interesting to see how this interacts with praying Bretonnians. I foresee a hasty FAQ to clarify!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Going to be very interesting to see how this interacts with praying Bretonnians. I foresee a hasty FAQ to clarify!

I agree but also I guess if the bretonnian wants to pray they just decline the challenge. The end result is the same.

I guess it's weird if they choose to pray AND they accept in an effort to get both bonuses?

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

I agree but also I guess if the bretonnian wants to pray they just decline the challenge. The end result is the same.

I guess it's weird if they choose to pray AND they accept in an effort to get both bonuses?

Probably the simplest RAW, but surely no true knight would spurn down the opportunity to win the Lady's favour in an honourable duel, especially if the challenge were issued by a mounted unit champion... effectively throwing down a call to joust. 😬

I guess the coolest ruling would be to say the Bretonnian player could either decline the challenge and get nothing at all - no blessing and no first turn; or accept the challenge and either lose - humiliating himself and losing the chance at the blessing and first turn, or win - getting the choice to press the advantage and go first, or take five to pray and go second.

Edited by Double Misfire
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Are any whispers about the Fimir doing the rounds yet? The last I heard, they were rumoured to be an Infamy Army for the Beastmen.

There were rumours of Fimir?? That's really cool I hadn't heard anything about that! I had my money on a minotaur Infamy Army, which really would tempt me as Doombulls seem really fun.

But damn would be cool to see some modern Fimir sculpts (if any are released)! I guess they would re-release the Fimir Noble too. Did you hear anything other than there being an Infamy army for them?

Elspeth is still a possibility. Wasn't there mention of a dragon for the Empire in the roadmap interview. I thought I read it somewhere.

Anyway Elspeth "could" be hundred of years old, so there is still a possibility she is in the AJ. Atleast I hope so as the mini is amazing, but probably very expensive if re-released.

For people with a 3D printer this is an interesting substitute.

Shop-1500-Miniatures-Human-HighKingdom-OrderSilentEternity-Dragon-Cover-jpg.webp?fit=1500%2C1500&ssl=1

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Elspeth, for all we know, could be hundreds of years old, could she bot?

There's nothing to say she couldn't be, and she's established as having been around for three generations by Tamurkahn, but a regular, uncorrupted human, with no formal magic schooling living for 200 years really waves a finger at anyone who went to the trouble of bartering their soul for immortality or became a lich. The Amethyst Order imagery (roses, scythe) all over the model wouldn't sit well with me either but hey-ho, call it a coincidence.

Elspeth's been described as coming from a bloodline of magic users, so if someone really wanted to give her the Goblin Hewer treatment, she could always be released as a relation, with the dragon to be inherited later.

31 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Elspeth, for all we know, could be hundreds of years old, could she bot?

Don’t know, I think the studio is willing to introduce mainly new characters to have more freedom of narration as they did with previous AJ.

Old rumors from Valrak about Empire release were :

- New general/captain kit

- new 2/3 Wizards ( hedge wizards to fit timeline)

- new artillery piece/ war machine ( can fit Nuln army of infamy ) 

For High elves is very likely a brand new miniature of a Sea Lord to goes along the very likely Sea patrol army of infamy .

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 hours ago, Goatforce said:

There were rumours of Fimir?? That's really cool I hadn't heard anything about that! I had my money on a minotaur Infamy Army, which really would tempt me as Doombulls seem really fun.

But damn would be cool to see some modern Fimir sculpts (if any are released)! I guess they would re-release the Fimir Noble too. Did you hear anything other than there being an Infamy army for them?

Yes, the rumors were the FW Fimir Warriors and Noble were returning in the Beasts of Chaos Arcane Journal and were featured in a "Call of the Wild" type Army of Infamy along with the Preyton and Skin Wolves. The second AoI was indeed stated to be a minotaur focused one.

16 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I heard it on here, and just wondered if there had been anything to back it up or any more details since. It sounds like there hasn’t, but an Old Fimir can hope. 🤞🏻 

No more new details, but if it helps, the same source for the Fimir rumors has now been correct about the release order, the WoC journal having a Marauder and calvary focused list and new Marauder types, and also that no Chaos Mammoth was returning. So, solid track record so far. I don't doubt the Fimir rumor at all considering all the FW stuff being brought back and how fun the armies of infamy have been in terms of providing variety outside the standard army list. I imagine they'll probably be mercs in that Beasts AoI if not just a special unit or something.

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2