Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

HAPPY SATURDAY

Are there any rumours about new Empire models coming?

Not yet I think.

These are all the rumours so far: If you look at the dates, this guy seems to be a reliable source.

Edit: Removed the pics from the discord conversation.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

I had a game with the expedition force today (forgot about the miner markers x_X). It was still fun. I almost tabled Tomb Kings.

The Doomseekers are great, yet die fast.

Gyros are annoying but don’t do much.

The Thane with exploding multishots is awesome (doesn’t feel too strong though).

The Sapper was kind of useless (I forgot the thunderer upgrade as well xD)

My dwarf Warriors absolutely got their beards handed to them by 30 Skeletons with spears x_X

The cannon was ok.

The Bolt thrower hit once all game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

HAPPY SATURDAY

Are there any rumours about new Empire models coming?

Old rumors from Valrak about Empire release were :

- New general/captain kit

- new 2/3 Wizards ( hedge wizards to fit timeline)

- new artillery piece/ war machine ( can fit Nuln army of infamy ) 

54 minutes ago, cyrus said:

That’s very helpful, thank you. I was thinking about whether to get some Flagellants and Militia or wait to see if they were updated. It doesn’t sound like they will be… 

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

In the fantasy discord, the guy that predicted Empire first, no mammoth, return skin wolves and the preview of WoC + two armies of infamy posted that he believes no new cannon or knights. No new knights is a bummer.

Edited by Tonhel

1 hour ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

That’s very helpful, thank you. I was thinking about whether to get some Flagellants and Militia or wait to see if they were updated. It doesn’t sound like they will be… 

Rumors are rumors as Valrak always says !

FW Mannan’s blades seem returning as well 

image-22.png?w=500

Also the poster that posted everything that turned out to be true also posted a couple of days ago that when GW said that the scope of the project changed/expanded, they really meant it, that TOW is in a really good shape for the years to come and that GW actual sees value in investing more on TOW.

So the future seems bright for us TOW fans, but we just have to be patient.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Probably the new Flagelants from AoS, whenever we get them, could be easily ported into ToW.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tonhel said:

In the fantasy discord, the guy that predicted Empire first, no mammoth, return skin wolves and the preview of WoC + two armies of infamy posted that he believes no new cannon or knights. No new knights is a bummer.

What is his name? It would be better if we spread the name. Is starting to be like Daeneris. Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons, ....

Also, could you put the link to the group?

20 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What is his name? It would be better if we spread the name. Is starting to be like Daeneris. Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons, ....

Also, could you put the link to the group?

Here is the link.

https://discord.gg/8NDbaQG

Topic Speculation and rumours. The rumour posts are pinned in that topic. At the end of august he talks about that GW sees the value in more investment in TOW.

Edit: This was posted in april.

image.png.eaea12e7e6836dfa2e2ea5ec8f005ffa.png

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Here is the link.

https://discord.gg/8NDbaQG

Topic Speculation and rumours. The rumour posts are pinned in that topic. At the end of august he talks about that GW sees the value in more investment in TOW.

Edit: This was posted in april.

image.png.eaea12e7e6836dfa2e2ea5ec8f005ffa.png

Skaven not returning to tow for now😱😂,

nah I thought this might happen, still though, I’m going to keep playing them in that system, especially now with the new models.

already ordered myself 20 Poisomed wind globadier and 40 Stormvermins to be used in that system

• Like 2

Makes sense considering Skaven were originally meant to be the 4th Evil faction, but got yanked out when the AOS team decided to refresh the range. That's also why there's no Beastmen models in the rulebook; they were not originally planned for.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

Makes sense considering Skaven were originally meant to be the 4th Evil faction, but got yanked out when the AOS team decided to refresh the range. That's also why there's no Beastmen models in the rulebook; they were not originally planned for.

That's a guess or something said by someone?

Edited by Beliman

4 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

It seems strange sincerely:

1) During the creation of old world map from 2020 beastmen icons always been there ( while never been Skaven icons)

2) Beastmen really belong to the forests of ( geographical) old world and they are natural counterparts of wood elves .

so beastmen are auto include in ToW settings while for Skaven you could pretend they are so busy in “ underground civil war “ at this timeline.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cyrus said:

It seems strange sincerely:

1) During the creation of old world map from 2020 beastmen icons always been there ( while never been Skaven icons)

2) Beastmen really belong to the forests of ( geographical) old world and they are natural counterparts of wood elves .

so beastmen are auto include in ToW settings while for Skaven you could pretend they are so busy in “ underground civil war “ at this timeline.

Pretty much, although we might maybe said see a huge campaign, showing the war during the skaven second great campaign.

after all manfred skavenslayer needs a story 

41 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yep now we just need a campaign to show that off.

we may be in the era of the three emperors, but the era of skaven amd manfred come soon after thalet clan rictus rise up

Mandred and the Black Death preceded the Age of the Three Emperors, and happened over a millennia before the time TOW's set/the Great War Against Chaos.

There's a bit of stuff in The Loathsome Ratmen and All Their Vile Kin, and the WFRP 2E skaven supplement about them getting up to minor shenanigans post Great War though! 🐀🧀

Guys I need your advice/vote.

My biggest issue is usually to settle for a faction (I mostly play a different faction each game)

I‘ve got two Lists: Dark Elves (DE) and Wolves of the Sea (WotS)

DE: Chariot Lord, Assassin, big block of spears, lot‘s of scouts (Dark Riders 15 shades), 2x10 Witch Aelves and a lv Sorceress ready to Doppelgänger the sword of might. Don‘t forget the Pet „Mrglmrgl“ the Kharibdyss proxy.

WotS: Jarl Baalgruf (aspiring champ on mount), 6 huscarls, Lv4 Sorceress with 15 chaos warriors, 3 skin wolves, 30 Marauders with Flails and shields and a Tribe chieftain, 3x6 Berserkers and to round it all off 2x Giant Chaos Spawn. So lots of ambush.

my enemy will be Khemri.

I like both lists, yet I can‘t decide which to take xD 

help!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

My biggest issue is usually to settle for a faction (I mostly play a different faction each game)

DE: Chariot Lord, Assassin, big block of spears, lot‘s of scouts (Dark Riders 15 shades), 2x10 Witch Aelves and a lv Sorceress ready to Doppelgänger the sword of might. Don‘t forget the Pet „Mrglmrgl“ the Kharibdyss proxy.

WotS: Jarl Baalgruf (aspiring champ on mount), 6 huscarls, Lv4 Sorceress with 15 chaos warriors, 3 skin wolves, 30 Marauders with Flails and shields and a Tribe chieftain, 3x6 Berserkers and to round it all off 2x Giant Chaos Spawn. So lots of ambush.

my enemy will be Khemri.

help!

DE!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

my enemy will be Khemri.

help!

Wolves of the Sea! Get that Warriors' Duel in! ⚔️

(also is this a rumour?)

On 9/11/2024 at 10:35 PM, JackStreicher said:

my enemy will be Khemri.

help!

So how did the battle go?