TOW 1.0 - Dwarf Mountain Holds, Royal Clan & Expeditionary Force

10 hours ago, Kronos said:

@Double Misfire I very clearly remember those, but I’ve never ever, come across that sprue. I’m honestly quite baffled how I’ve never heard of this. If I didn’t know this. What other little treasures and gems have I missed 😂

Unreleased Marauder Miniatures Dwarf General on Pony, sculpted in the early 90s to be released in 1991 alongside the MB1 Dwarf Regiment, better known today as the recently rereleased Imperial Dwarfs with spears. Presumably a casualty of GW's strict IP - it was established pretty early early on that dwarfs don't ride nought. A small run of this guy was obviously made - I'm lucky enough to have one at home, and he's easily the rarest miniature I own.

marauderdwarfgeneralonpony.jpeg.e204a7a3a45702c8c4e6980d9cac1a10.jpeg

Dwarf Warrior regiment with metal command. Most will recognise the first multipart plastic Dwarf Warriors/Crossbowmen regiment kit that came out with the 6th ed Dwarf army book in winter 2000, but did you know it was originally released in multiple non English speaking territories over a year before in 1999 (apparently to compensate Battlefleet Gothic not getting translated...? 🤨) with a rarely seen metal command group, per the earliest regiment kits, and not the plastic command sprues we started seeing with the advent of 6th ed. (Yes, I ruined multiple holidays to France for the rest of my family looking for these as a kid)

dwarfwarriorsmetalcommand1.jpg.6ec37c66499e5b8f1e47871c52d988a8.jpg

dwarfwarriorsmetalcommand2.jpg.37bfb324e6473f08a71ccb7293710406.jpg

I'm sure most folks have heard about the unreleased 8th ed Dwarf tank/troop transport by now. Another late in the process casualty of GW's stringent IP moderation.

never-released-concept-for-dwarf-tank-v0-wdxgjat2m7nc1.webp.c8d6219978691a968d21d7d981b7823e.webp

• Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Oh and if you're of a certain vintage, Osrim Chardz and Gimbrin Finehelm, two dwarf personalities from 2nd ed scenario packs only ever briefly available through mail order flyer, and the rare flat helm 5th Bugman's Trooper variant, who only ever showed up in blister packs and never had a catalogue number. Possibly the three rarest, most sought after dwarfs going (if anyone has an Osrim, PM me!).

431A0992x-01(1).jpg.2fae9003e45a276e8a2d9bc2339b02a1.jpg

431A2601x-01.jpg.e8bb8bb201e0f3019361b6b12800b547.jpg

aFHMpSi.jpg.924d1ec017b57c84f46877ab387282e9.jpg

• LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Unreleased Marauder Miniatures Dwarf General on Pony, sculpted in the early 90s to be released in 1991 alongside the MB1 Dwarf Regiment, better known today as the recently rereleased Imperial Dwarfs with spears. Presumably a casualty of GW's strict IP - it was established pretty early early on that dwarfs don't ride nought. A small run of this guy was obviously made - I'm lucky enough to have one at home, and he's easily the rarest miniature I own.

marauderdwarfgeneralonpony.jpeg.e204a7a3a45702c8c4e6980d9cac1a10.jpeg

Dwarf Warrior regiment with metal command. Most will recognise the first multipart plastic Dwarf Warriors/Crossbowmen regiment kit that came out with the 6th ed Dwarf army book in winter 2000, but did you know it was originally released in multiple non English speaking territories over a year before in 1999 (apparently to compensate Battlefleet Gothic not getting translated...? 🤨) with a rarely seen metal command group, per the earliest regiment kits, and not the plastic command sprues we started seeing with the advent of 6th ed. (Yes, I ruined multiple holidays to France for the rest of my family looking for these as a kid)

dwarfwarriorsmetalcommand1.jpg.6ec37c66499e5b8f1e47871c52d988a8.jpg

dwarfwarriorsmetalcommand2.jpg.37bfb324e6473f08a71ccb7293710406.jpg

I'm sure most folks have heard about the unreleased 8th ed Dwarf tank/troop transport by now. Another late in the process casualty of GW's stringent IP moderation.

never-released-concept-for-dwarf-tank-v0-wdxgjat2m7nc1.webp.c8d6219978691a968d21d7d981b7823e.webp

I would love such a tank for dwarves, it should just be a better version of the steam tank imo :)/ a dwarven „dragon“

Edited by JackStreicher

@Double Misfire Those are some fantastic Gems I did not know of most, excluding the Tank, which I really hope get redeveloped into production someday. 

The recent Chaos Almanac has me even more excited to see how much further they’ll dive into Lore and characters as we approach the Great Chaos Invasion. The High King Alrkisson on his Throne is a given at some point, but hopefully we’ll see Kragg too and maybe some new Characters like some of the other armies have received. Although I think Dwarfs might have enough existing Characters.

I could be wrong, but isn’t Belegars father around during this time period?  

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I could be wrong, but isn’t Belegars father around during this time period?  

Probably, though we know nothing about him, and he can't have been that proactive about reclaiming Eight Peaks if there was still a lot to reclaim by the time Belegar rolled round.

Duregar, as Belegar's oldest relative would definitely be around too, though his name's a couple of switched letters away from going the way of Malekith's, so who knows 😬