General Chat Thread

7 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

It does, though not in points- It inhibits their gameplan (To varying degrees based on faction and unit), progresses yours, and the assassination of a hero can cause massive disruption of your opponent’s efforts, particularly for Death and certain Destruction factions. 

Yeah ofcourse it does. Without it you can't control objectives / BTs, but it doesn't directly give you points.

What I would like is that it would also have a direct effect on victory points, so you can get points through it. The gamey part of AoS is that sometimes you have to start ignore enemy units, because you have do that or this to get the BT or try to get an objective while the state of the battlefield is cleary that you just need to do one last charge and the enemy is crippled. But if you want to win you have to ignore that and do some stuff to get the BT points or objective points.

I am not advocating that you should be able to win by completely ignoring BTs/objectives, but a little bone towards players that are a bit more focused on destroying enemy units instead of running left and right for scoring points would be nice. It would mean another variable in how you could win the game.

Do we know if BoC will get spearhead rules?

Index and "support" until 2025 makes me think we should, but I can't recall seeing mention of them anywhere in relation to spearhead?

Not specific to BoC, but I wonder if the spearhead rules will be included in the index for each faction? Or separate download? If it's the former, there's a chance BoC could get spearhead rules?

11 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

Index and "support" until 2025 makes me think we should, but I can't recall seeing mention of them anywhere in relation to spearhead?

Not specific to BoC, but I wonder if the spearhead rules will be included in the index for each faction? Or separate download? If it's the former, there's a chance BoC could get spearhead rules?

We have seen the spearhead book, and Beasts are not in it. 

It is possible, that Beasts get a spearhead in their digital battletome, but I wouldn't bet on it. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

It looks like they won't, but nothing has been said. They are supporting them for AoS, not for Spearhead.

Edited by Ejecutor

4 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah ofcourse it does. Without it you can't control objectives / BTs, but it doesn't directly give you points.

What I would like is that it would also have a direct effect on victory points, so you can get points through it. The gamey part of AoS is that sometimes you have to start ignore enemy units, because you have do that or this to get the BT or try to get an objective while the state of the battlefield is cleary that you just need to do one last charge and the enemy is crippled. But if you want to win you have to ignore that and do some stuff to get the BT points or objective points.

I am not advocating that you should be able to win by completely ignoring BTs/objectives, but a little bone towards players that are a bit more focused on destroying enemy units instead of running left and right for scoring points would be nice. It would mean another variable in how you could win the game.

The thing about giving points for destroying units is that you already get an advantage by killing units - it's gone and you have easier to get objectives and score battle tactics/deny battle tactics. So you would then get double rewarded by killing units, and double punished by losing a unit.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

The thing about giving points for destroying units is that you already get an advantage by killing units - it's gone and you have easier to get objectives and score battle tactics/deny battle tactics. So you would then get double rewarded by killing units, and double punished by losing a unit.

It's not that one-sided though. First of all, this is a battle game. It's foremost about creatures bashing the living daylights out of each other. I can't see an issue with rewarding you for doing the exact thing this game is principally about.

And second, there are situations to the contrary of your example. Having played for many years dwarf based armies against my mate's Sylvaneth, I lost a LOT of games simply because I wasn't able to move across the board as efficiently as my opponent, even though I'd occasonally wipe out as much as 2/3 of his army.

There are very different playstyles available in AoS and there should be at least an attempted parity between different roads to  victory.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

We kinda took what Tzeentch sorcerer-warriors should look like minus the cool helmets and trim et voilà! 

Those minis are indeed sexy though! Loincloth and skirt, lovely armor, capes aren't bad per se either, so much to love. SCE indeed get better and better IMO. I did like the old helmets more though I think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MitGas said:

We kinda took what Tzeentch sorcerer-warriors should look like minus the cool helmets and trim et voilà! 

Those minis are indeed sexy though! Loincloth and skirt, lovely armor, capes aren't bad per se either, so much to love. SCE indeed get better and better IMO. I did like the old helmets more though I think.

@MitGas, I’m thinking they can be corrupted into Tzeentch Chosen if given the right weapons and some horns.

1 minute ago, Twisted Firaun said:

@MitGas, I’m thinking they can be corrupted into Tzeentch Chosen if given the right weapons and some horns.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I'm quite happy with my latest 3d prints too, though - If I find them for a reasonable price on ebay, I'll get them. Kitbashing them would be a fun little project. Our group might buy Skaventide but I fear I can't corrupt these as one of us wants to collect a small SCE force (they also have the 3rd ed starter). And they are lovely models too, not even I can badmouth them.

.... I can badmouth Luuuuumineth tho!

image.jpeg.331f7db9e6e530b05cb1cf74a162b4e1.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I'm quite happy with my latest 3d prints too, though - If I find them for a reasonable price on ebay, I'll get them. Kitbashing them would be a fun little project. Our group might buy Skaventide but I fear I can't corrupt these as one of us wants to collect a small SCE force (they also have the 3rd ed starter). And they are lovely models too, not even I can badmouth them.

.... I can badmouth Luuuuumineth tho!

image.jpeg.331f7db9e6e530b05cb1cf74a162b4e1.jpeg

Just wait until the individual release and then get busy. Corrupting/badmouthing luminary models is always acceptable, and I swear to God if those punks get another wave before any faction of dawi or Tzeentch I will make them into a slaaneshi horde.

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Crom died like a little snotling, he's a mighty Daemon Prince of Khorne now I guess. 

Is Vinted a second-hand app that works in your country? I used it to send a parcel to a French guy who came to write me to the second-hand app I use in Spain, so maybe if it is used over there you can get deals from Europe on those Reclusians.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Is Vinted a second-hand app that works in your country? I used it to send a parcel to a French guy who came to write me to the second-hand app I use in Spain, so maybe if it is used over there you can get deals from Europe on those Reclusians.

Usually it‘s not a big problem to get minis from the starter sets thankfully, even in Europe. I think there will be fair listings for these as well. I also wanted the Executioner-looking guy, that‘s a great figure. 😇

7 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Just wait until the individual release and then get busy. Corrupting/badmouthing luminary models is always acceptable, and I swear to God if those punks get another wave before any faction of dawi or Tzeentch I will make them into a slaaneshi horde.

Oooh... I want to see that! They totally deserve it, too. 

• Like 1

Had an email from Dark Sphere (a UK independent retailer) regarding a register of interest for Skaventide. They often do it for big releases, it’s like a pre-preorder queue system.
They let you know the night before if they have enough copies to fulfill an order for you.

Then they send out a PayPal payment form on preorder day and you then have a couple of days to pay. If you don’t they release the stock so someone else can order.
They will be offering 25% off Skaventide, so £120 UK. I’ve added my name to the register. I’m not sure if they will have the freebie with orders, but the discount is pretty good so I’m not too worried.

Edited by GrimDork

27 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

Had an email from Dark Sphere (a UK independent retailer) regarding a register of interest for Skaventide. They often do it for big releases, it’s like a pre-preorder queue system.
They let you know the night before if they have enough copies to fulfill an order for you.

Then they send out a PayPal payment form on preorder day and you then have a couple of days to pay. If you don’t they release the stock so someone else can order.
They will be offering 25% off Skaventide, so £120 UK. I’ve added my name to the register. I’m not sure if they will have the freebie with orders, but the discount is pretty good so I’m not too worried.

I've already ordered my box. Do they run this kind of surveys before letting you preorder it or is it just for launch boxes?

Edited by Ejecutor

16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I've already ordered my box. Do they run this kind of surveys before letting you preorder it or is it just for launch boxes?

It's not for every release, but seems to be for things they think will be popular. IIRC they ran it for some of the recent kill team releases. And generally, always for the launch boxes. I got my first copy of Dominion via their register of interest (got my second from Wayland games 6 months later for half price).

Bit of a rambling incoming but as this is the general chat I feel like it’s the best place for it instead of the rumour thread.

You really gotta appreciate the unpredictability and sometimes downright stupidity of GW’s marketing for AoS4. What do I mean by this ? They manage to hype you up what looks to be genuinely great rules and minis, and just after that kill the mood with a bad news.
They announce AoS4, it’s SCE vs Skaven with great miniatures, new lore, the new rules look promising… then boom they admit they’re squatting Beastmen, Bonesplitters, Warcry cultists and the AoS2 SCE. The community gets upset, but as time passes and the previews continue, the community starts to get hyped again… and then GW announces that what we used to have for free (unlimited list building on their official app) will now be behind a paywall. 

Why is their marketing like this ? They always seem to pick the worst time ever to announce their most terrible decisions.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Bit of a rambling incoming but as this is the general chat I feel like it’s the best place for it instead of the rumour thread.

You really gotta appreciate the unpredictability and sometimes downright stupidity of GW’s marketing for AoS4. What do I mean by this ? They manage to hype you up what looks to be genuinely great rules and minis, and just after that kill the mood with a bad news.
They announce AoS4, it’s SCE vs Skaven with great miniatures, new lore, the new rules look promising… then boom they admit they’re squatting Beastmen, Bonesplitters, Warcry cultists and the AoS2 SCE. The community gets upset, but as time passes and the previews continue, the community starts to get hyped again… and then GW announces that what we used to have for free (unlimited list building on their official app) will now be behind a paywall. 

Why is their marketing like this ? They always seem to pick the worst time ever to announce their most terrible decisions.

Maybe they do it this way so it is the best moment to get bad news when you already have plenty of good news. Imagine just dropping all the bad news together and then trying to sort it. Another option would be delaying it, but IMO it would be even better. At least you know beforehand all the "bad" things rather than discovering them once you purchased the box.

3 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Suppose its pretty hard to time bad news really... 

tbh my main issue is for how long they string things out, but I suppose that's to make sure to grab attention of everyone and not just us that checks what's new every week...