General Chat Thread

On 7/4/2024 at 4:31 AM, Chikout said:

I finished up painting Spiteclaw's swarm too in this colour scheme. PXL_20240622_162017343.PORTRAIT.jpg.cbd96888dc01ce65745b139571df1c8e.jpg

It took me  about an hour per model, doing them one by one from start to finish. I'm sure I could get the time down with some batch painting. Choosing the scheme was by far the longest part. 

Regarding popularity. The Skaven sub Reddit is the second most popular one after Seraphon. The Skaven hashtag on Instagram is the second most popular one after Stormcast Eternals. Obviously both of those will include old world players but they are certainly a very popular faction. During second edition they were the most played army at tournaments for a while. DoK, Slaanesh and FeC all had times when they were dominating the meta but they never became the most played faction. 

I don’t think the Reddit means much since Reddit numbers are often inflated and skaven has just existed longer without being renamed.

the second editions stats was just a blip in the timeline as well so it just people taking a certain stats to fulfill narrative that SCE suck.

Skven are probably just mid their popularity and basically a second tier bad guy army like Orks are. Generally Horde armies are also not as popular as semi elite to elite armies because the effort is greater then other armies 

20 hours ago, Hollow said:

Regarding Stormcast being in the starter box. Having them as part of the launch box and starter sets is far bigger than just giving a faction within a system a few more kits. They are an integral part of a decade-long marketing approach that has driven GW to new (and ever greater) heights.

(Sci-fi - Warhammer 40k - Marines) (Fantasy - Warhammer AoS - Stormcast). They are all over marketing material (not just for AoS but for GW-Warhammer as a brand) and offer an approachable, relatable and recognisable entry point to the setting, game and hobby activities such as building and painting. 

Stormcast Eternals will likely continue to feature in edition launches far into the future. 

Well duh that pretty obvious, only Grogs would argue otherwise.

they are the Ryu of AOS have a set purpose that most armies are not design to do 

Posted (edited)

Finally! So a CoS player can find the the old dark elves still under the CoS category, but the dwarfs they need to buy in the TOW category? Bizar. Hopefully when CoS receive their BT, they will get a new range of duardins.

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The duardin kits are not part of the CoS selling range now! So IMO this confirms that tomorrow they will announce ToW dawis.

Edited by Tonhel

9 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Finally! So a CoS player can find the the old dark elves still under the CoS category, but the dwarfs they need to buy in the TOW category? Bizar. Hopefully when CoS receive their BT, they will get a new range of duardins.

Unless they re-release them, that looks like it will be the case.

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Or maybe GW has finally come to their senses and realized that one kit with two sets of bases would sell better and save warehouse space. Unlikely but it's a nice dream. Whoever made the decision to enforce a hard separation between AoS and the Old world needs to be fired. There's no question that the Skaventide box would be selling better if Skaven were a fully supported old world faction. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Or maybe GW has finally come to their senses and realized that one kit with two sets of bases would sell better and save warehouse space. Unlikely but it's a nice dream. Whoever made the decision to enforce a hard separation between AoS and the Old world needs to be fired. There's no question that the Skaventide box would be selling better if Skaven were a fully supported old world faction. 

Remains to be seen if those dwarves reappear under the CoS category after getting a new inventory number and blurb that "this kit can build models for TOW and AoS".

28 minutes ago, Chikout said:

100% agree!

Skaventide is imo an amazing box. So still hoping that it will reach all it sale goals. For TOW players it could have been interesting if the Skaven legacy list wasn't so boring/bad.

It would be very absurd if in a couple of weeks we see the same dwarfs in a box for TOW and box for AoS. 

Posted (edited)

Not sure what is going to happen, but if I were to guess. 

The Dwarf models will be repackaged (some already feature in the Battle box) for ToW. Warscrolls will be available for the units to be used in AoS 4th, CoS. When the CoS Battletome comes out the models will not be a part of it and the Warscrolls will be moved to legends. 

I do hope that new AoS Duardin City kits are released. I think it would be a real shame for CoS to lose that component. (But I can see it happening

Edited by Hollow

12 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Remains to be seen if those dwarves reappear under the CoS category after getting a new inventory number and blurb that "this kit can build models for TOW and AoS".

I'd put money on this not happening. GW has been extremely committed to a "one system per model" policy with the 40k/HH split, and I think we'll continue to see the same for AoS and ToW.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 5:48 PM, Ejecutor said:

I found something interesting indeed. When they talk about each realm they interconnect the explanation with some important stuff happening there, in this case Nagash, the necroseism, Lethis... and they said that it is vital for the Sacrosanct to take back into their original purpose as the flaws of the reforging are spiking and the whole problem is going worse and worse... interesting that they mentioned the sacrosanct in the video.

So got to see the Loremaster video thanks to a discord share and apart from the Sacrosant there is a couple lore thing they mention

• The main Lethis Freeguild mention is the Blackshore Guard who did get a mention in the Gothgul Hollow novel fame for their Musket regiments

image.jpeg.288d0a01778092c3b2d29b8f61f3912b.jpeg

• Grotbag scuttler (the mountain goblins who jury-rig sky ships) get mention as one the Kharadon aether-gold minning rivals along with Tzeentch cultist, & Ironweld industrialist 

11 Grot bag scuttlers ideas | warhammer figures, orks 40k, pip boy

• The Dispossessed (fitting as right now) get a mention among the other dwarves but it sorta framed as their Khazalid culture is more passed down to the beardling "who never know life outside Sigmar's cities

image.png.fd73330c62b662b62a5629472d83380f.png

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Urauloth said:

I'd put money on this not happening. GW has been extremely committed to a "one system per model" policy with the 40k/HH split, and I think we'll continue to see the same for AoS and ToW.

Yes , indeed .

Two games , two studios , two settings, two ranges of miniatures !

We will probably see in the next future ( 12 months) a bunch of kits leaving AoS for ToW :

Steam tank

Flagellants

Grifon

Dryads

Chaos lord 

chaos spawn

chaos chariot 

Manticore

chaos sorcerer ( already gone)

Edited by cyrus
Add Manticore

16 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes , indeed .

Two games , two studios , two settings, two ranges of miniatures !

We will probably see in the next future ( 12 months) a bunch of kits leaving AoS for ToW :

Steam tank

Flagellants

Grifon

Dryads

Chaos lord 

chaos spawn

chaos chariot 

chaos sorcerer ( already gone)

The Chaos Lord and Chariot are in the Slaves to Darkness Spearhead though, aren't they? Surely that means that they're going to stick around for a little bit longer. 

Or, I guess, they could get new sculpts. 

3 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

The Chaos Lord and Chariot are in the Slaves to Darkness Spearhead though, aren't they? Surely that means that they're going to stick around for a little bit longer. 

It woulnd't be weird if S2D is one of the early BTs and they receive a new Spearhead box.

There are rumours that WoC will come after Dwarfs. If StD loses their chariot, Manticore and Chaos Lord on foot, I really hope there will be a replacement for these kits for StD.

13 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

There are rumours that WoC will come after Dwarfs. If StD loses their chariot, Manticore and Chaos Lord on foot, I really hope there will be a replacement for these kits for StD.

There seems to be a pattern on the armie shown in the back of the arcane journals. If that's the case WoC are the next ones indeed.

20 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

The Warshrine is a Fantasy kit too, isn't it? 

It is... But it's absent from the Warriors of Chaos in TOW (as are Hellstriders and Skullcrushers). Could be at lower risk of getting the axe if it doesn't show up in their Arcane Journal.

1 hour ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I think both chaos sorcer and foot lord will get new AoS sculpts . 
Manticore , spawn and chariot could just leave the range.

Slaughter brute  and mutualith vortex also don’t appear in ToW WoC list .

Posted (edited)

Spawn can't completely leave the range because Tzeentch still needs them, plus they're in 40k so if the whole 'studio divide' thing is true then that would be an issue with shuffling them to TOW.

That said, they're models which have... not aged well, and given the addition of Wilderfiends as Darkoath spawn replacements, maybe we will see them get canned eventually and a new Tzeentch specific spawn variant added to Disciples of Tzeentch. I'd love firewyrms.

Edited by Acrozatarim
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

Spawn can't completely leave the range because Tzeentch still needs them, plus they're in 40k so if the whole 'studio divide' thing is true then that would be an issue with shuffling them to TOW.

That said, they're models which have... not aged well, and given the addition of Wilderfiends as Darkoath spawn replacements, maybe we will see them get canned eventually and a new Tzeentch specific spawn variant added to Disciples of Tzeentch. I'd love firewyrms.

I don‘t think we‘ll see firewyrms soon (if ever) or before new spawn but a new spawn kit would be something. GW recently released a couple of quite lovecraftian/body horror sculpts so new spawn would likely be significant upgrades. 

If Tzeentch got properly armored warriors and a new spawn kit, they‘d be really up there in terms of variety… it‘s ironic that Tzeentch warriors and chaos spawn are the two things that mostly draw me to my liege and yet both don‘t have proper representations yet. 

44 minutes ago, MitGas said:

GW recently released a couple of quite lovecraftian/body horror sculpts so new spawn would likely be significant upgrades. 

Especially Necromunda can go nuts with their sculpts. Wouldn't mind one bit for some of that to bleed over to AoS.

I want the designer who sculpted this beauty to create a Spawn to end all Spawns 🥰

fBp1gDMDVsxaCbVn.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The_Dudemeister said:

Especially Necromunda can go nuts with their sculpts. Wouldn't mind one bit for some of that to bleed over to AoS.

I want the designer who sculpted this beauty to create a Spawn to end all Spawns 🥰

fBp1gDMDVsxaCbVn.jpg

Yeah, that‘s one of those models I was thinking about when writing my usual drivel! 👍 

spawn in that style would be simply amazing. I like to think about the „spawn“ from the color outta space flick. I want as disturbing as possible! ❤️

12 hours ago, The_Dudemeister said:

fBp1gDMDVsxaCbVn.jpg

That is vile. 

I love it.