General Chat Thread

6 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Summoning B gone makes sense for balance. It was always a pain on that matter (and very easy to abuse in all previous editions).

Not in 2e, where it did cost points. (and thus saw very little summoning if any)

I just realised I can use my nurglings I put on separate bases as disease tokens. Score!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Summoning B gone makes sense for balance. It was always a pain on that matter (and very easy to abuse in all previous editions).

I've been assuming for a while that my beautiful Hedonites will be losing the summoning side of Depravity points. 

I wonder if anything tasty will replace it... 

3 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I've been assuming for a while that my beautiful Hedonites will be losing the summoning side of Depravity points. 

I wonder if anything tasty will replace it... 

Of course not. Everything tasty has already been eaten by Gluttos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

I just hope that the point costs will reflect this change (I kinda expect it though). It feels like summoning costs got baked into other units, especially heroes, for Tzeentch. Frankly, I‘m really glad to lose free summoning if it means it‘s easier to fit in everything else into my lists. Makes planning easier!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Frankly, I‘m really glad to lose free summoning if it means it‘s easier to fit in everything else into my lists. Makes planning easier!

Indeed. Just the logistics of having to transport so many extra models around was aggravating. 

9 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Indeed. Just the logistics of having to transport so many extra models around was aggravating. 

Having to carry around extra units was so annoying. Or games where you really wanted to summon unit X to do something, but don't have one painted and ready, or have already summoned it. The most competitive option being painting up like 3 of every possible summon able unit to carry in addition to your 2k was so aggravating.

• Like 1

After seeing the video, and also considering the previous one, I was wondering if Toll would really have all the details of the info he is mentioning. Ok, he is part of the Azyr Order, but wouldn't be that kind of details something that just a few would know?

Maybe it is just a marketing license?

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Between the green and the sewers wouldn't surprise me if they get turtles in the Eshin clan that master assassins will train.

VE737Mp8EIr3kqF2.jpg

Some say it's a genius marketing move, others shake their heads but there will be a new box featuring Skaven and their four turtle minions vs Idoneth! 

image.png.af37d0c9b25f5a19c8833f9247d51186.png

Edited by MitGas

1 hour ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I didn't even think about that aspect. But very good point!

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

nice we get to see a female dwarfs form the warband

HjDHcel.png

a city elf (the clothing doesn't match the lumineth

1717602317359149.png.e3a403753f228398f679bc6b5c5994cd.png

Some steelhelm in the artist H&B style 

image.png.cf4c3a84b43bd051c93a9f7ab9a50093.png

Also Toll make mention of the Dwarven holds being infested which explain why we got all 4 major dwarf faction on the map

1716758242135965.jpg.dfeb14de5c76d4fc2abf21d66ad0b0c2.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am not discarding them. I like it, and if your collection is not massive... why not?

They seem rather expensive for what they are. Fifty quid for a plastic cube? On top of what the minis already cost? Well, to me at least, that's excessive. 

Probably overthinking this, but I could 100% imagine new Flagellants looking like this guy from the video.

image.png.73047132c9434514b794a96e3c8b25b6.png

Looks pretty ragged, has a hammer medallion (Coin Malleus? Maybe he's a retired steelhelm :D) and little comet in his hairband (religious iconography), and he's ranting about the end of the world.

Or he's a crazy old man and flagellants will look like more over-the-top half-robed zealous whip machines.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Probably overthinking this, but I could 100% imagine new Flagellants looking like this guy from the video.

Looks pretty ragged, has a hammer medallion (Coin Malleus? Maybe he's a retired steelhelm :D) and little comet in his hairband (religious iconography), and he's ranting about the end of the world.

Or he's a crazy old man and flagellants will look like more over-the-top half-robed zealous whip machines.

I think it is just a Steelhelm without the armour.

43 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Could be the relic bearer of said steelhelms 

image.png.a286eddd94b9e4b85385a9eaacdcf41e.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

After seeing the video, and also considering the previous one, I was wondering if Toll would really have all the details of the info he is mentioning. Ok, he is part of the Azyr Order, but wouldn't be that kind of details something that just a few would know?

Maybe it is just a marketing license?

pretty sure he kept saying he got the info from the Lord Castellant from their Saviors group LOL. Though, i would hope Stormcast know whats going on

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

pretty sure he kept saying he got the info from the Lord Castellant from their Saviors group LOL. Though, i would hope Stormcast know whats going on

Oh, ty. Makes sense. I have missed that.

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Oh, ty. Makes sense. I have missed that.

Also just point out Toll is currently the Oldest witch hunter of the order with a near perfect track record this making essentialy the 007 of AOS

So it would make sense his SCE friend fill him in on the details of the big rumble