General Chat Thread

4 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Also just point out Toll is currently the Oldest witch hunter of the order with a near perfect track record this making essentialy the 007 of AOS

So it would make sense his SCE friend fill him in on the details of the big rumble

✍🏻️ ✍🏻️ ✍🏻️

Btw, the reference about CoS not being enough could also be a hint about them loosing presence during the next edition?

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

✍🏻️ ✍🏻️ ✍🏻️

Btw, the reference about CoS not being enough could also be a hint about them loosing presence during the next edition?

Bonereapers, Lumineth, and Nighthaunt lost prominence after 2nd, so it’d track. 

One doubt, I'm the only one who thinks that the Osiarchs will be the next faction of the death alliance that will receive a content update that is something more than a new hero on foot.

9 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

One doubt, I'm the only one who thinks that the Osiarchs will be the next faction of the death alliance that will receive a content update that is something more than a new hero on foot.

They are the only death faction that didn't receive else anything in the last years, so it seems like a safe bet. Unless they have a second wave of FeC, which wouldn't be impossible.

22 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

I mean let go over the factions that need content

• Ogres
  • Fyreslayers
  • Cities
  • Flesh eater court
  • Idoneth
  • Kharadon
  • Ossiarch
  • Tzeentch

add in Chaos Dwarfs since they be arriving at one point in 4 edition (not counting ork yet)

in 3edition we big updated to Cities, Seraphon, Slaves to darkness x2 , Flesh eater court

4 kits to Sylvaneth

6 kits to Ironjawz

2 to gloomspite gitz

the odd of them getting something is defiantly in their favor

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, woolf said:

Maybe OBR will be in starter box for 5th? ie if cycles back to death, that would make sense imo, 3yrs out if so..

If the chaos-death-destruction is true it would make sense to have them as the release box faction next edition. Or maybe GW will figure a new death faction util there.

9 minutes ago, woolf said:

Maybe OBR will be in starter box for 5th? ie if cycles back to death, that would make sense imo, 3yrs out if so..

We still have to see if the cycle is what we think. Currently there are two possible cycles and the 5th edition launch box will determine if it is one, the other or none of them.

oh some synopsis of the Vermindoom novel from a french book website

1717583465578831.jpg.9ac998a4180777a976c1da8edb2c3b48.jpg

Beyond the mountain range of the Adamantine Chain, Aqshy lies destroyed. Noxious fires light up the horizon, death skitters in the smoke, and a wasteland of horror threatens the entire realm. Humanity has but a single hope: the Reclusians of the Ruination Chamber. These Stormcast Eternals, though few in number, are the only force capable of enduring the perils of this dark era, for their souls are already broken.
READ IT BECAUSE
Experience a desperate race against time as Stormcast Eternals of the Ruination Chamber find themselves fighting not only the scheming and skittering Skaven, but also the cruel realities of their own shattered souls, and inevitable destinies.

THE STORY
Deep in the heart of the Skaven apocalypse, where survival lies on a knife edge, ratmen and Reclusians alike race towards a prize that will turn the tide of war a lost Stormcast brother. Should the enemy uncover his forbidden knowledge, Aqshy will surely fall, so, for the chosen of Sigmar, failure is not an option. The journey is long and full of strife, and for the mortal acolytes who accompany the Reclusians guardians of their memories and faith it may be the last steps they take. Yet together, they are hope when hope is dying, a truth they all must seize upon. For without it, they are victims of nightmares and shadow, ushering in this new Hour of Ruin. 

• Like 3

along with some shorts

The Cities of Sigmar are embattled metropolises founded by free mortals across every one of the realms. These disparate alliances of humans, duardin, aelves, and even ogors battle not only to survive, but to muster grand expeditions and establish new strongholds in Sigmar’s name. It's a gripping tale of resistance against the odds as the desperate populace and ragged defenders of the Free City of Whitemist attempt to resist a terrifying Seraphon force that is determined to wipe their city from the map. Setrima leads the Reclaimed contingent in the fledgling city of Whitemist in Ulgu, and her people face ridicule and persecution from the Azyrites for their ancient beliefs. As the Seraphon descend upon Whitemist, intent on eradicating the city as dictated by their Great Plan, Skink Starpriest Xetakti is plagued with doubt. Both Setrima and Xetakti must take extreme measures to avoid catastrophe as Whitemist faces a reckoning.

1717489718243228.jpg.253d99bba6759ae70d4471f9d8ea7b70.jpg

The shadowy and mysterious Order of Azyr is a Sigmarite organisation of witch-hunters, bounty-hunters, and zealots dedicated to the rooting out and purging of evil across the Mortal Realms. Mysteries, intrigue, the threat of Chaos, and more journey with the agents of the Order of Azyr as they investigate strange events and do their best to steer a town's fate away from darkness. Vorena of the Order of Azyr and her fellow Witch-Hunters investigate a spate of ritual killings in a Ghurish town. Amid suspicion from the locals, Vorena must unravel the tangled web of Chaos that infests the town while suppressing the bestial spirit that threatens to rise from within her; all while the townsfolk prepare for a festival in which the land itself will be bled to feed the populace.

1717489779650781.jpg.3c25a29f707e67a163f941c272564df8.jpg

The Fyreslayers are a culture of duardin whose entire existence revolves around battle, renowned for their short tempers and unrivalled skill with the axe. Many believe these grizzled mercenaries are little more than avaricious barbarians, for they will fight for any who meet their price in gold. The truth is stranger by far...Learn the truths of the Fyreslayers as spoken in the final words of an ancient and noble warrior. Eldra Wolfsmane and her Astral Templars track down the Darkoath and battle their foe for revenge. Amidst the fighting the glowing light of a Fyreslayer emerges from the forest and joins the fray. As the Darkoath Warqueen is finally slain we hear the Fyreslayer pass on his final tale of his lodge before he too passes.

1717489841280499.jpg.c0335d2fcc8e9f9391a9d3cd187452fc.jpg

Steam Tanks are monstrous, smoke-belching creations that rumble towards the enemy, firing deadly cannonballs from their steam-powered guns. Manned by a brave and dedicated crew, the advance of these iron behemoths is terrifying to behold, as arrows ricochet from armoured hulls and enemy warriors are crushed beneath their immense bulk. A veteran steam tank crew must draw on all their experience, will, and wit to survive against overwhelming odds. The tightly-knit crew of the steam tank Sigmar’s Fist, part of Greywater Fastness’ indomitable forces, has known only victory in their rough-and-tumble lives of intense training, fierce battle and hard drinking. But when they are drawn into a trap by ravaging forces and the charred earth of the Ghoul Mere gives way beneath their crushing wheels, they are left behind by their retreating brethren to fight for survival not only are the armies of Chaos hot for their blood, but unforgiving revenants also stalk them from the shadows.

1717489903262909.jpg.d356761c0ebf7c4fe56d729598c37d13.jpg

• Like 3

forgot about this one

1717489964852457.jpg.f5902aa041bf984f222338ed7dff82d2.jpg

The ethereal Nighthaunt are terrifying spectres driven to murder by their bitter hatred for the living. These undead are the terror weapon of the Great Necromancer, Nagash, united under the cruelest and most tortured rulers ever to die. Uncover the unknown and the forgotten as, with no memory of their past, an entire town attempts to piece their shattered lives back together, even as they face off the forces of Death. A man wakes in a foreboding Shyishan settlement, having lost all his memories, along with everyone else in the town. As a throng of Nighthaunt linger on the boundaries of the settlement, held back by some mysterious force, the man must gather what allies he can and ascertain what strange, magical affliction has befallen the town and its people. Unsure if he can trust anyone, even himself, he must contend with dark forces and hidden enemies if the mystery is to be unravelled and he is to make it out alive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

They are the only death faction that didn't receive else anything in the last years, so it seems like a safe bet. Unless they have a second wave of FeC, which wouldn't be impossible.

FeC does have outdated units that were not replaced like Crypt ghouls and Horror/flayers that are better prime as an edition starter army.

OBR are probably better suited for a regular model expansion as the basic core part of the army is new and modern.

5 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

The shadowy and mysterious Order of Azyr is a Sigmarite organisation of witch-hunters, bounty-hunters, and zealots dedicated to the rooting out and purging of evil across the Mortal Realms. Mysteries, intrigue, the threat of Chaos, and more journey with the agents of the Order of Azyr as they investigate strange events and do their best to steer a town's fate away from darkness. Vorena of the Order of Azyr and her fellow Witch-Hunters investigate a spate of ritual killings in a Ghurish town. Amid suspicion from the locals, Vorena must unravel the tangled web of Chaos that infests the town while suppressing the bestial spirit that threatens to rise from within her; all while the townsfolk prepare for a festival in which the land itself will be bled to feed the populace.

1717489779650781.jpg.3c25a29f707e67a163f941c272564df8.jpg

Oh hey, another one of my short stories! 😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

oh some synopsis of the Vermindoom novel from a french book website

1717583465578831.jpg.9ac998a4180777a976c1da8edb2c3b48.jpg

Beyond the mountain range of the Adamantine Chain, Aqshy lies destroyed. Noxious fires light up the horizon, death skitters in the smoke, and a wasteland of horror threatens the entire realm. Humanity has but a single hope: the Reclusians of the Ruination Chamber. These Stormcast Eternals, though few in number, are the only force capable of enduring the perils of this dark era, for their souls are already broken.
READ IT BECAUSE
Experience a desperate race against time as Stormcast Eternals of the Ruination Chamber find themselves fighting not only the scheming and skittering Skaven, but also the cruel realities of their own shattered souls, and inevitable destinies.

THE STORY
Deep in the heart of the Skaven apocalypse, where survival lies on a knife edge, ratmen and Reclusians alike race towards a prize that will turn the tide of war a lost Stormcast brother. Should the enemy uncover his forbidden knowledge, Aqshy will surely fall, so, for the chosen of Sigmar, failure is not an option. The journey is long and full of strife, and for the mortal acolytes who accompany the Reclusians guardians of their memories and faith it may be the last steps they take. Yet together, they are hope when hope is dying, a truth they all must seize upon. For without it, they are victims of nightmares and shadow, ushering in this new Hour of Ruin. 

Interesting that the focal point is on the Reclusians rather than the whole Ruination Chamber.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Did you really write them?!

Yep! I am the Christopher Allen on the cover there :) It's the second short story I've had published by Black Library; the first was released last year.

Edited by Acrozatarim
  • Like 16
  • LOVE IT! 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Yep! I am the Christopher Allen on the cover there :) It's the second short story I've had published by Black Library; the first wad released last year.

Thats cool. Gz!

How was the experience? Did you publish them by winning a contest or did GW contact you?

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Thats cool. Gz!

How was the experience? Did you publish them by winning a contest or did GW contact you?

Thanks!

I have had, and continue to have, a good experience working with Black Library. Certainly, I'm continuing to work with them, which obviously I wouldn't be too keen to do if things weren't to my satisfaction :)

I participated in one of the open calls, which I think is what you mean when you refer to a contest. I've seen a lot of misinformation swirling around over the open calls, including the idea that they are a contest, which is a bit of a misunderstanding as to what open calls fundamentally are and how they work. Off the back of that open call, Black Library decided they wanted to work further with me, and here we are :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Acrozatarim said:

Yep! I am the Christopher Allen on the cover there :) It's the second short story I've had published by Black Library; the first wad released last year.

Very exciting! I really enjoyed your previous story. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Will SoB be the first FF where we see the full content of their index? 😅 

Of course not. There six warscrolls (but only 2 models) so they can get off easy by just showing only King Brodd and the small gargants for spearhead.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Steam Tanks are monstrous, smoke-belching creations that rumble towards the enemy, firing deadly cannonballs from their steam-powered guns. Manned by a brave and dedicated crew, the advance of these iron behemoths is terrifying to behold, as arrows ricochet from armoured hulls and enemy warriors are crushed beneath their immense bulk. A veteran steam tank crew must draw on all their experience, will, and wit to survive against overwhelming odds. The tightly-knit crew of the steam tank Sigmar’s Fist, part of Greywater Fastness’ indomitable forces, has known only victory in their rough-and-tumble lives of intense training, fierce battle and hard drinking. But when they are drawn into a trap by ravaging forces and the charred earth of the Ghoul Mere gives way beneath their crushing wheels, they are left behind by their retreating brethren to fight for survival not only are the armies of Chaos hot for their blood, but enants also stalk them from the shadows.

1717489903262909.jpg.d356761c0ebf7c4fe56d729598c37d13.jpg

Oooh, Steam Tank! In Greywater! Might have to get this one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, novakai said:

FeC does have outdated units that were not replaced like Crypt ghouls and Horror/flayers that are better prime as an edition starter army.

OBR are probably better suited for a regular model expansion as the basic core part of the army is new and modern.

I think OBR would make sense as starter since 1) pretty easy to paint, just contrast skeleton horde + some metals and 2) its kinda the main death faction as Nahash response to SCE so would seem easy to build around in the lore