General Chat Thread

12 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

oh some synopsis of the Vermindoom novel from a french book website

Note that its release date is scheduled for 13 July.

What a strange coincidence... 😏

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, woolf said:

I think OBR would make sense as starter since 1) pretty easy to paint, just contrast skeleton horde + some metals and 2) its kinda the main death faction as Nahash response to SCE so would seem easy to build around in the lore

The problem is where moves that Malerion into.

I think the pattern is Order > Death > Destro > Chaos > Order. That would mean Malerion is part of the next big box.

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think the pattern is Order > Death > Destro > Chaos > Order. That would mean Malerion is part of the next big box.

Easy.

Malerion never shows up and will forever be teased. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

but the first one wash Khorne rigth? so hasnt it been Chaos-Death-Destro-Chaos so far? which by extension should be death again next.

Malerion yeah migth break the pattern I agree. But he migth also just come in as an expansion of DoK

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, woolf said:

but the first one wash Khorne rigth? so hasnt it been Chaos-Death-Destro-Chaos so far? which by extension should be death again next.

Malerion yeah migth break the pattern I agree. But he migth also just come in as an expansion of DoK

It has been Chaos if you consider Chaos the main release, but Order if you consider Stormcast the main release. That's the problem. We don't have enough info yet to establish a pattern.

35 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I kinda wish Ossiarchs had more Geiger-esque faces, really taking the biomechanical look to the max with the shaped bone.

Be careful what you wish for! 

image.jpeg.4a70064a7904c263e879cfdde735e397.jpeg

Most of Giger‘s faces kinda make me think of what I‘d liken to most to Daemonettes but that might be down to him usually painting chicks. 

I‘m not a huge fan of OBR despite loving Yoshimitsu but I think the line really shines when GW explores the more unique figures like those multi-faced ones or the Executioner from Underworlds(?) that reminds me of the Judas Breed from Mimic. Hope they will explore that direction more than just „buff“ skeletons on foot or horses. 

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

It has been Chaos if you consider Chaos the main release, but Order if you consider Stormcast the main release. That's the problem. We don't have enough info yet to establish a pattern.

True, I always thought of it as Order sitting outside since being represented by Stormcast which I think will be there for as long as they run Age of Sigmar as the main Warhammer game, perhaps at some point we migth exit that age and break the world again... but I think the launch box is more about lore and there it kinda makes sense to cycle the antagonists

1 minute ago, Xil said:

Just waiting for the moment when DoK and Malerion will found the new Grand Alliance of Traitors xD 

Joke, but wouldn't surprise me a new GA with DoK, Idoneth and even FS or KO as the starting point.

2 minutes ago, Xil said:

Just waiting for the moment when DoK and Malerion will establish the new Grand Alliance of Traitors xD 

Well, Malerion is the most loyal to Sigmar right now xD

So comparing bligthkings new and old, assuming 1dmg no rend attacks, you would need 12dmg to take out one old model vs 13.5 to take out one of the new version.

so a bit more tanky in that case, however now they are ofc more susceptible to high quality dmg from MW or Rend, which I think fits in the general effort of game designers to make it more important what unit you attack what with, so personally I like the change (even if models don't exactly wear full plate armour)

Just now, Ejecutor said:
4 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Of course not. There six warscrolls (but only 2 models) so they can get off easy by just showing only King Brodd and the small gargants for spearhead.

I was mistaken. They did show off almost the whole index. Only points and 2 warscrolls are missing.

And we get a full comparision warscroll between the regular and sprearhead.