General Chat Thread

13 hours ago, MitGas said:

That‘s why I wrote oil wash (enamel wash would also work). :) You‘d just take a dark brown to recess shade the bone and the white (it looks like they got a brown wash, pic is pretty small) in one go. Admittedly airbrush and oils are not beginner-friendly but IMO it actually is quite an easy scheme if you have the tools. If you just do it with GW paints (or just acrylics in general), then yeah, good luck, it‘s gonna be time-consuming for sure. The whole basecoat/wash/reapply basecoat of normal acrylics coupled with bone and white is boring indeed. Not to mention the blade, blending them all by hand is boring as well - but I doubt they did that without an airbrush either. 👍 

If you love the scheme, find someone with an airbrush and force them to be your friend! Finally a useful friend!
😎🤙

Yeah oil wash is actually not that difficult, just need to get the rigth equipment as u say

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Which ones? I have the sprue and don't like them all neither.

I like the big skeleton and the big crystal, the rest not so much. Also not a fan of the hexagons, but it is Underworlds terrain so i get why its like that.

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I like the big skeleton and the big crystal, the rest not so much. Also not a fan of the hexagons, but it is Underworlds terrain so i get why its like that.

I like the crystal a the "lake". I don't think I will use the skeleton, if you would be interested.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 11:39 AM, Ejecutor said:

Question for the FS lovers, @Snarff.

I was reading the FFS (or FS FF) and something came to my mind. They amass ur-gold to reunite all the pieces of Grimnir's spirit, but they also use it until its power is gone. So... aren't they slowly killing Grimnir's spirit?

What happens with those ur-gold runes once they have no more power... also, it is a bit like sabotaging yourself. You need ur-gold, but you use it, so you need more to cover what you are using... doesn't seem the best of the strategies.

Just one more bit.
In Grombrindal novel during age of chaos Sigmar specificaly tells Grungni that he can return Grimnir if he want and Grungni agrees but also tells Sigmar that it's not time yet and that in case of Grimnir he will not be the one who will return him. So I can assume that he refer to FS. And I believe that Gotrek could get new name Gortrek-grimnir and became true avatar of Grimnir.  

Edited by cofaxest

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I like the crystal a the "lake". I don't think I will use the skeleton, if you would be interested.

Dont like them enough, but thank u.

Edit: Also dont own Underworlds. Does anyone know how long a game of Underworlds usually takes? (When starting or playing once every few months)

Edited by Gitzdee

15 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Dont like them enough, but thank u.

Edit: Also dont own Underworlds. Does anyone know how long a game of Underworlds usually takes? (When starting or playing once every few months)

Perhaps a lunchbreak? 😂

Have not played it much but set-up is superquick and game is quite straigth forward so I think you can quite easily finish under 1h when u are up to speed with the rules

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So what do we expect from DoK ff tomorrow? I think they have been a bit pigeoned holed to morathi, wonder if that will change? but on other hand ppl are calling this the centerpiece edition...

10 minutes ago, woolf said:

So what do we expect from DoK ff tomorrow? I think they have been a bit pigeoned holed to morathi, wonder if that will change? but on other hand ppl are calling this the centerpiece edition...

Maybe some very differentiated stuff depending on if they follow Morathi or Krethusa?

54 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe some very differentiated stuff depending on if they follow Morathi or Krethusa?

Yeah true, Krethusa should be integrated properly now, kinda forgot about her in the end of edition slump ^^

I was just having a look over todays pre-orders. I don't think it is a good idea that they have pushed the Combat Patrols to the £100 price point. There is a real physiological breaking point there. CP should have stuck to the £95 price point IMO. 

13 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I was just having a look over todays pre-orders. I don't think it is a good idea that they have pushed the Combat Patrols to the £100 price point. There is a real physiological breaking point there. CP should have stuck to the £95 price point IMO. 

We knew that with their pricing policy that barrier would have to be broken sooner or later, in the same way we know in the following 5-10 years they will break the 150 pounds one.

31 minutes ago, Hollow said:

The £100 price is essentially the entry fee for 40k. 

I've mentioned this before that you are paying for points and being a "centrepeice" when it come to GW priceing thier range. A 40k Combat patrol normally gives you between 10-30 models, normally a HQ some core and aspecial unit or two. Some of them are pretty bad (Space Marines) and some are really good (World Eaters, GSC and Orks) but most are inbetween and you do save some money compared to buying them seperatly. 

Compare that the Horus Heresy Boxes or the Old World, where you get a huge amount of Models for the same price. In TOW the two laucnh boxes got you a centerpeice and a rule book plus extras for £50 more. 

I think the reason for the focus on the start colecting boxes for AOS and 40k is that most players have armies that they have built up over the years and have no need to buy into these boxes, unless they decide they want to start another army. New players will jump in by buying the Combat patrol, and at that point you have already spend £100 so you are probaly going to be heavily invested. 

8 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

Out of curiosity there are rumors about which of the four death factions got their volume first in the fourth edition.

Nothing so far. Hopefully we have a preview on the 13th with a roadmap, like 40k had.

5 hours ago, Mcm6495 said:

Out of curiosity there are rumors about which of the four death factions got their volume first in the fourth edition.

nothing so far our rumor monger been pretty quite since the countdown

but i think it going to be Nighthaunt just from all the rumor engines they show off along with how 

either way i'm pretty sure they have to pick out a death faction that get like one hero model

• Like 1

16 hours ago, woolf said:

Morathi is probably the biggest topic and there probably be a change to her command ability (or complete removal of it). Iron heart of Khaineis also something that be interesting to see if it stays or changes.

Other then that probably good to see if the Blood rite table change at all

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Morathi is probably the biggest topic and there probably be a change to her command ability (or complete removal of it). Iron heart of Khaineis also something that be interesting to see if it stays or changes.

Other then that probably good to see if the Blood rite table change at all

So far the big centerpieces had their iconic ability preserved in some way, didn't they? So i don't think Morathi loses the iron heart. But i could see it change in some way (i hope not tho)

22 minutes ago, Xil said:

So far the big centerpieces had their iconic ability preserved in some way, didn't they? So i don't think Morathi loses the iron heart. But i could see it change in some way (i hope not tho)

I saw yesterday in a team tournament a morathi who get charged by 6 pigs. She was second. In his second tourn shadow queen killed the remaining of the pigs in hero phase, so she mooved and charged 15 brutes with razor killing 8 brutes, she had double turn, and she attacked again in his hero phase and killed the remaining brutes, then she mooved, shoot to a warchanter and killed it and charged the maw krusha with razor again, killing it.

She recived 5 wounds, but she killed the 70% of an enemy army alone whithouth any chance of nothing.

Yep, she needs a rework.

7 minutes ago, Iradekhorne said:

I saw yesterday in a team tournament a morathi who get charged by 6 pigs. She was second. In his second tourn shadow queen killed the remaining of the pigs in hero phase, so she mooved and charged 15 brutes with razor killing 8 brutes, she had double turn, and she attacked again in his hero phase and killed the remaining brutes, then she mooved, shoot to a warchanter and killed it and charged the maw krusha with razor again, killing it.

She recived 5 wounds, but she killed the 70% of an enemy army alone whithouth any chance of nothing.

Yep, she needs a rework.

I don't see how Kragnos wouldn't do that. Or a Gordrakk. Or Alariell. Or Gotrek.

I bet she had a boatload of buffs on her? Also IJ are an easy matchup for DoK anyway. Prime targets for units like Morathi (actually Shadowqueen).

Edited by Xil

7 minutes ago, Xil said:

I don't see how Kragnos wouldn't do that. Or a Gordrakk. Or Alariell. Or Gotrek.

I bet she had a boatload of buffs on her? Also IJ are an easy matchup for DoK anyway. Prime targets for units like Morathi (actually Shadowqueen).

They can be killed within 4 turns. Morathi-Khaine cannot. 

17 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

They can be killed within 4 turns. Morathi-Khaine cannot. 

She can actually die in 2 turns even.

The problem with Shadowqueen is once again a casual vs experienced player issue. If you don't know how to play vs Shadowqueen, you are in for a crazy ride.

Edited by Xil

50 minutes ago, Xil said:

So i don't think Morathi loses the iron heart

I hope so. Iron Heart was an ability made forhigh lethality editions. 4th edition seems to change lethality for movement gameplay and perfect combat pairings.

Just now, Beliman said:

I hope so. Iron Heart was an ability made forhigh lethality editions. 4th edition seems to change lethality for movement gameplay and perfect combat pairings.

We don't know yet if it actually is less lethal. There are more attacks due to combat range and more fights due to counter charge.