General Chat Thread

I’m calling it now

At the end of the edition they’ll reveal she’s been manipulated by Tzeentch and Khaine was Khorne the whole time, then the scathborn and Morathi will join BoK in chaos, just in time for Umbraneth to be released and get the foot queen joined up with the remaining DoK units, fully splitting the faction and making a bunch of players cry

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, good eye, that's most likely it! The runes seem different but I guess it's the backside.

It is not also about the runes... either it is not from this set or it has a decent chunk of work:

image.png.b15e4244aae24145935e5269abfbdfb9.png

Endless Spells: Skaven

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

It is not also about the runes... either it is not from this set or it has a decent chunk of work:

image.png.b15e4244aae24145935e5269abfbdfb9.png

Endless Spells: Skaven

The symbol seems to be the same. Perhaps they've 3d-printed an undamaged version without the bolts for the scenery (the base of the scenery doesn't look like it's a new kit, so it's custom made).... or, thinking longer about it, it's just from the old Screaming Bell kit, I think that one had a very similar bell design. Which makes more sense than changing the 3d file I guess.

Just now, MitGas said:

The symbol seems to be the same. Perhaps they've 3d-printed an undamaged version without the bolts for the scenery (the base of the scenery doesn't look like it's a new kit, so it's custom made).... or, thinking longer about it, it's just from the old Screaming Bell kit, I think that one had a very similar bell design. Which makes more sense than changing the 3d file I guess.

image.png.daf63b8f564b81c39d112722e0c7d7d8.png

Tada, we got our solution!

11 hours ago, MitGas said:

Is that the girl in pyjamas dancing on her brother? Ooooh, I got a ton of love for that mini! Has to be the best pose for a mini ever, right after Syll‘Eske or however you spell em! 🙄 

😡

That model is quite cool (I mean being aelf they start at least as a 7 of 10 by default rigth?) 

Personally not a fan of the pyjamas and suspenders look they have migrated towards with Lumineth tho and the official paint scheme certainly doesn't help!

Actually like the Vanari units quite a lot and the stone dudes (headswaps assumed) are pretty cool too

12 hours ago, MitGas said:

Is that the girl in pyjamas dancing on her brother? Ooooh, I got a ton of love for that mini! Has to be the best pose for a mini ever, right after Syll‘Eske or however you spell em! 🙄 

Syll'Esske actually proves that this concept can work with the right execution. Ellania and Ellathor, on the other hand...

2 hours ago, woolf said:

That model is quite cool (I mean being aelf they start at least as a 7 of 10 by default rigth?)

You forgot a minus in front of that 7 I think. 😎 

I think some of them have a good design but I think this particular mini doesn‘t work at all. It‘s simply a horrible concept. Eltharion on the other hand is one of the best AoS minis out there IMO. I like the slightly asian visual design cues on some of them in general but find them to be a mixed bag - some great, some meh…. but those twins, God no, I feel like I‘m actually fair for calling them out. The owl‘s okay obviously by default. 

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

Syll'Esske actually proves that this concept can work with the right execution. Ellania and Ellathor, on the other hand...

I disagree. I like the Xerxes dude but I find the daemonette dancing on him just as dumb as the Lumineth one, sorry. Would‘ve liked it much more if she danced next to him. The Glottkin did make it work, due to the size difference and because they don‘t dance. ☝️🤓

But hey, it‘s my opinion - absolutely inconsequential to anyone that likes those minis. I‘m not the target. If you think the Gaunt Summoner on foot (one of my favorite minis) e.g. sucks, that‘s fine by me too. 

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

You forgot a minus in front of that 7 I think. 😎 

I think some of them have a good design but I think this particular mini doesn‘t work at all. It‘s simply a horrible concept. Eltharion on the other hand is one of the best AoS minis out there IMO. I like the slightly asian visual design cues on some of them in general but find them to be a mixed bag - some great, some meh…. but those twins, God no, I feel like I‘m actually fair for calling them out. The owl‘s okay obviously by default. 

I disagree. I like the Xerxes dude but I find the daemonette dancing on him just as dumb as the Lumineth one, sorry. Would‘ve liked it much more if she danced next to him. The Glottkin did make it work, due to the size difference and because they don‘t dance. ☝️🤓

But hey, it‘s my opinion - absolutely inconsequential to anyone that likes those minis. I‘m not the target. If you think the Gaunt Summoner on foot (one of my favorite minis) e.g. sucks, that‘s fine by me too. 

Yeah they have a lot to prove those poor aelfs ^^

Agree with you that Eltharion is a very cool concept and was also a fun little hobby project as gave an opportunity to play a bit with LEDs. Also not a big fan of the twins, but for me its more about the style (in particular the girl on top with the loose fitting onepiece suit or whatever it is) than the pose, I do actually think its good that they play around with trying to make more movement be reflected, similar to working with negative space etc (Eltharion), although I would certainly not advocate for making <another dude> to become the new Tactical Rock!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, woolf said:

Yeah they have a lot to prove those poor aelfs ^^

Agree with you that Eltharion is a very cool concept and was also a fun little hobby project as gave an opportunity to play a bit with LEDs. Also not a big fan of the twins, but for me its more about the style (in particular the girl on top with the loose fitting onepiece suit or whatever it is) than the pose, I do actually think its good that they play around with trying to make more movement be reflected, similar to working with negative space etc (Eltharion), although I would certainly not advocate for making <another dude> to become the new Tactical Rock!

😂😂😂

Yeah, the one-piece pyjamas really don't help. But I like how they've added some new design (I'd say Asian) influences to them overall. I find some minis overshot the mark like the twins and the cloud-wizard which are ultimately more comical than cool IMO but others are absolutely great-looking models. Was never bothered by the large helmets personally that were mentioned before, I mean many Chaos helmets aren't any better and Aelves always had tall helmets.

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

😂😂😂

Yeah, the one-piece pyjamas really don't help. But I like how they've added some new design (I'd say Asian) influences to them overall. I find some minis overshot the mark like the twins and the cloud-wizard which are ultimately more comical than cool IMO but others are absolutely great-looking models. Was never bothered by the large helmets personally that were mentioned before, I mean many Chaos helmets aren't any better and Aelves always had tall helmets.

Haha, hey whats wrong with the Dragonball-Z wanna-be cloud rider? He is my favourite Wizard this guy! Im sure all the Tzeentchian pseudo-magic-panhandlers would die for a cloud like that, its sooo fluffy and delightful, lets you literally rain down on your enemies!

26 minutes ago, woolf said:

Haha, hey whats wrong with the Dragonball-Z wanna-be cloud rider? He is my favourite Wizard this guy! Im sure all the Tzeentchian pseudo-magic-panhandlers would die for a cloud like that, its sooo fluffy and delightful, lets you literally rain down on your enemies!

For one, he looks like his parents are closely related! 🤭

Float around on your little cloud all you like but don‘t complain when the storm of true masters of magic blows your little monkey-boy away! I can use this opportunity to quote my avatar here: „You‘ll never see the the truth with such clouded eyes“

image.jpeg.ab4a8de486be6113de6a5858e90bce48.jpeg

45 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Plot twist: They're all for single hero releases. :D

Plot plot twist: They‘re all for a single hero release!

Simple Jack doesn‘t know which allegiances he serves but the gods, taking pity on him, have showered him with gifts! A scaly steed, a rusty weapon and a torch for some reason. I feel like I create the best AoS characters. 

• Haha 1

Given that a lot of Lumineth was already revealed during the preview battle, I'm setting my expectations low and assuming that the faction focus will just be a repeat of what we already know.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if GW shows us something that hasn't already been seen.

Edited by OkayestDM

2 hours ago, woolf said:

although I would certainly not advocate for making <another dude> to become the new Tactical Rock!

I should hope not. Despite my Slaanesh devotion, even I'm not going to defend the rather graceless Syll'Esske model. I think it's the only Hedonites miniature I don't have in my collection! 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

These effortlessly superior aelves bring enlightenment to the realms

Gotta love their humility! 😝

Lightning reactions or what it‘s called sounds pretty damn good. 2 units attacking instead of 1 could easily be game-changing, the warscrolls seem quite strong as well.

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2