General Chat Thread

23 minutes ago, woolf said:

Lol indeed they did show the twins....

Well, truth be told, no matter who they would‘ve shown, you‘d want to see more. I guess that‘s true for all factions/gamers with these previews. Guess they‘re doing a good job. 

And the warscroll seems pretty good overall, lots of dmg! 

• Like 1

Just now, MitGas said:

Well, truth be told, no matter who they would‘ve shown, you‘d want to see more. I guess that‘s true for all factions/gamers with these previews. Guess they‘re doing a good job. 

What is this? MitGas praising the Lumineth?

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, PraetorDragoon said:

What is this? MitGas praising the Lumineth?

He changed the avatar 2 times recently, I think something has possessed him. The next one will be a Lumineth avatar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

He changed the avatar 2 times recently, I think something has possessed him. The next one will be a Lumineth avatar.

Where is the raaage reaction? 😡🤬

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Yeah the articles are more teasing than informing really!

I very much do look forward to hopefully Ironjawz on Thu to get some clarity on 1) warclans structure and 2) if IJ get a spearhead and what's in it...

While I love Lumineth, I didn't care for their play style in 2nd and 3rd. Too complicated, too much reliance on magic, too many "you don't get to have fun" abilities. All of the changes they have shown make me very happy.

Total eclipse being tied to a specific unit (the Eclipsian Twins, no less) is a welcome move, along with it only affecting an 18" bubble instead of the whole board. (Still a big area and a big deal, but now Teclis can't just autocrats it and make it undeniable. A significant improvement!)

I'm happy with the removal of unit wizards and Aetherquartz; that's two fewer things I have to track and decide on every turn. 

Units feel mostly the same, some numbers tweaked back and forth but it seems like they kept them more or less the same, which is good confiding most of them still have Crit(mortal). 

Overall, genuinely pleased with and excited about the direction they've taken this edition!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

While I love Lumineth, I didn't care for their play style in 2nd and 3rd. Too complicated, too much reliance on magic, too many "you don't get to have fun" abilities. All of the changes they have shown make me very happy.

Total eclipse being tied to a specific unit (the Eclipsian Twins, no less) is a welcome move, along with it only affecting an 18" bubble instead of the whole board. (Still a big area and a big deal, but now Teclis can't just autocrats it and make it undeniable. A significant improvement!)

I'm happy with the removal of unit wizards and Aetherquartz; that's two fewer things I have to track and decide on every turn. 

Units feel mostly the same, some numbers tweaked back and forth but it seems like they kept them more or less the same, which is good confiding most of them still have Crit(mortal). 

Overall, genuinely pleased with and excited about the direction they've taken this edition!

Def agree here, the mental load of their hero phase with all the cast options was quite daunting, much better this way imo.

Faction ability seems quite good but suppose it will default a bit to a passive always on as its unit type linked and applied to full turn so u pretty much pick it in list building and by the sound of it u get 2 of them through the not-at-all-(but-kinda-exactly-just-that)-subfaction.. maybe u flip between defence/attack for vanari but since wardens just seem like they want to stand in the way and lost the extra save through aethercrack I guess it's kinda -1hit that's the thing. Kinda prefer the OBR/cities versions of this given a bit more tactical depth but hey all in all it seems like a win.

Do hope the faction will be less dependant on Teclis in this edition tho! I mean being a nerd, he is just a God version (+aelf=cool ofc) version of a Lord of Chgn or smth 😂

• Like 1

Has anyone heard whether the AoS app will be updated for 4th or whether a new one will come out?  Army construction is substantially different, so I figured a major re-work or overhaul would happen.  But I haven't seen any word about it.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ferban said:

Has anyone heard whether the AoS app will be updated for 4th or whether a new one will come out?  Army construction is substantially different, so I figured a major re-work or overhaul would happen.  But I haven't seen any word about it.  

Nothing has been mentioned yet, but considering the second edition one is still working and the change was not so big, I would say it will be a new one.

1 hour ago, Ferban said:

Aaah so thats what they will preview in the last week leading up to the pre-order!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woolf said:

Teclis in this edition tho! I mean being a nerd, he is just a God version (+aelf=cool ofc) version of a Lord of Chgn or smth 😂

*pops a vein*

It's high time to bribe KingBrodd to ban you I think! Stop insulting my beautiful feathery friends by comparing them to Teclis! 😡

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, MitGas said:

*pops a vein*

It's high time to bribe KingBrodd to ban you I think! Stop insulting my beautiful feathery friends by comparing them to Teclis! 😡

I am lost in the conversation. The feathery friend that you are talking about is this one?

Archmage Teclis and Celennar, Spirit of Hysh

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I am lost in the conversation. The feathery friend that you are talking about is this one?

Archmage Teclis and Celennar, Spirit of Hysh

If I manage to bribe his lordship, you‘ll go the way of the dodo beastman as well! Ah, the insolence of you guys is getting worse by the minute! 

But there is good news… our gobbo player wants to start Lumineth. I will make sure to destroy him! And if I have to cheat, that‘s ok in this case, it‘s personal!

Time to order some Lumineth bits to create dead ones! Uwehehe

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, MitGas said:

Time to order some Lumineth bits to create dead ones! Uwehehe

Haha thats a great idea! Even in pieces they will for sure elevate the visual appeal of your army ;) Just don't put them on horror bases, those poor things are derpy enough without needing the contrast of the High borne Elegance of the Shiny courts to sit glaring up on them!

• Haha 2

There have been many times when I thought I had lost my ability to think rationally when thinking about Cities. Another such time has come. All from Whitefang the second mentioning a Cogfort and a Rumour Engine...

I present, unbased Cities wave 2 speculation 3.0 (4.0? Maybe? 5? How many of these have I done?)

Spoiler

Kép

I don't care if it's much more likely we'll see "un-Ironed" Ironjawz or weird Satyr Kurnothi, Swifthawk Agents it is!

Kép

Might actually try converting this one.

Bombardier-Major mentioned in Dawnbringers? Here it comes!

image.png.652fc9f26420a1753c9c954e509dcc44.png

Ogor Warhulk? How about a full squad?

image.png.6628cc09544b059a1cd3dc7bc2801e4e.png

And how could I forget Dispossessed? (My personal favourite)

image.png.b058738a2b45c283190100b482e4c564.png

Any my craziest idea so far...

Spoiler

image.png.e2eeb8959f5939b9e00e11de137b8d11.png

The Steam Tank will stay in AoS. Seriously. Why did they paint a brand new Hammerhal Aqsha Steam Tank? Why did they spend resources on this?

Why is it going to be replaced by a Cogfort and never mentioned again? Why will I be strangely okay with that? Why do I love Cogforts so much?

This has been "Losing my sanity due to Cities".

Edited by Asbestress
  • Haha 1