General Chat Thread

14 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

There have been many times when I thought I had lost my ability to think rationally when thinking about Cities. Another such time has come. All from Whitefang the second mentioning a Cogfort and a Rumour Engine...

I present, unbased Cities wave 2 speculation 3.0 (4.0? Maybe? 5? How many of these have I done?)

Reveal hidden contents

Kép

I don't care if it's much more likely we'll see "un-Ironed" Ironjawz or weird Satyr Kurnothi, Swifthawk Agents it is!

Kép

Might actually try converting this one.

Bombardier-Major mentioned in Dawnbringers? Here it comes!

image.png.652fc9f26420a1753c9c954e509dcc44.png

Ogor Warhulk? How about a full squad?

image.png.6628cc09544b059a1cd3dc7bc2801e4e.png

And how could I forget Dispossessed? (My personal favourite)

image.png.b058738a2b45c283190100b482e4c564.png

Any my craziest idea so far...

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e2eeb8959f5939b9e00e11de137b8d11.png

The Steam Tank will stay in AoS. Seriously. Why did they paint a brand new Hammerhal Aqsha Steam Tank? Why did they spend resources on this?

Why is it going to be replaced by a Cogfort and never mentioned again? Why will I be strangely okay with that? Why do I love Cogforts so much?

This has been "Losing my sanity due to Cities".

Lumineth with Steelhelm helmets would be hilarious. 

• Like 1

Interesting change to the depravity mechanic, I kinda like that it give some more control to opponent but I do wonder if the downside of using this might be too great compared to the buff it grants... I mean how much more dmg do you get out of exploding? Sure run & charge can be big but giving your enemy access to an auto charge of 12'' in a world of countercharge seems a bit... dangerous... they probably should have kept it to modifying hit/wound/save rolls imho

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Hmm. I can't shake the feeling that the Depravity mechanic in spearhead is more fun to use than the one in main AoS.

Thats the old one right? (apart from the summoning option)

Tbh never liked it, feels like it defaults to the correct option always being to take the dmg (since the buffs are crazy strong) so it kinda collapses into this quite annoying chip dmg, how bad that is ofc depends on your army

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Hmm. I can't shake the feeling that the Depravity mechanic in spearhead is more fun to use than the one in main AoS.

It's fun when you read it. It's not fun when you have to stop the game each time your opponent fails his roll in order to offer / not to offer a temptation dice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PraetorDragoon said:

It is very strange that Spearhead kept the old, complex Depravity, and the main faction gained the lean, stripped down version.

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

It's fun when you read it. It's not fun when you have to stop the game each time your opponent fails his roll in order to offer / not to offer a temptation dice.

Hah. Fair. I will admit that I haven't dealt with slaanesh in a long time.

57 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

It is very strange that Spearhead kept the old, complex Depravity, and the main faction gained the lean, stripped down version.

Nighthaunt got the same with the old wave of terror. Its strange considering how much it changed from 3e to 4e as well.

Slaanesh rules seem more thoughtful than Tzeentch's at least and more importantly thankfully better than before. The battle traits seem just as lackluster as wyrdflame tho.

I just realized that Kairos' warscroll is kinda dumb by the way. If the rules are modular and we omit certain parts, why is his ability be all about a module that you can leave out (battle tactics)? And if you keep it in, it's really strong, verging on broken. So basically he's an auto-include in strong lists, which is something I don't like.

18 minutes ago, woolf said:

What happened to his legs? 🤔

It's Stormcast Bugenhagen I guess. An empty hood and he would be a nice Diablo angel too but the legless look is weird indeed.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

AoS Reveals Jun12 Image4

Lightning wings look really cool!

I also like the third built option, the Lawsuit-Invocator! 

He's got the hots for a Daemonette named Lily. Perhaps they can find sanctuary somewhere... I'm coming up with totally original lore of course. 

image.png.3a8ae2f61c9b2576872443cc336978ee.png

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Slaanesh rules seem more thoughtful than Tzeentch's at least and more importantly thankfully better than before. The battle traits seem just as lackluster as wyrdflame tho.

Yeah but u also have destiny dice so the wyrdflame is just something on the side, and setting stuff on fire is always fun rigth? 

Those slaanesh traits seems to me as the worst so far, probably by a margin :(

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, woolf said:

Yeah but u also have destiny dice so the wyrdflame is just something on the side, and setting stuff on fire is always fun rigth? 

Those slaanesh traits seems to me as the worst so far, probably by a margin :(

Yeah, I‘m not worried either way, it‘s way too early for that. Without points and more warscrolls it‘s a waste of time as we only get small glimpses. The Slaanesh traits are really lacklustre indeed though. But the shown warscrolls don‘t seem too shabby at least. 

9 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, I‘m not worried either way, it‘s way too early for that. Without points and more warscrolls it‘s a waste of time as we only get small glimpses. The Slaanesh traits are really lacklustre indeed though. But the shown warscrolls don‘t seem too shabby at least. 

yup very true, I'm bracing for impact with the Kruleboyz one tomorrow, but on other hand maybe hard to make them worse than they are atm... 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, woolf said:

yup very true, I'm bracing for impact with the Kruleboyz one tomorrow, but on other hand maybe hard to make them worse than they are atm... 😂

They‘ll probably copy/paste the wyrdflame rules and replace burning with poisoned. 😎👍 Or just reuse the Nurgle ones, that‘s even less work! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MitGas said:

They‘ll probably copy/paste the wyrdflame rules and replace burning with poisoned. 😎👍 Or just reuse the Nurgle ones, that‘s even less work! 

presumably it will be some version of dirty trix, probably not very impactful and then a deepstrike if I were to guess