General Chat Thread

My Cities hype is also still very high.

20240602_1510593.jpg.b2fb5026272d671204894601259e84b0.jpg

I don't know what it is about them, but I feel GW really managed to do something special with these guys.

The only complaint I have is that I wish they had a better faction name and logo. Not a fan of the cool S everywhere.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 6

17 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

My Cities hype is also still very high.

20240602_1510593.jpg.b2fb5026272d671204894601259e84b0.jpg

I don't know what it is about them, but I feel GW really managed to do something special with these guys.

The only complaint I have is that I wish they had a better faction name and logo. Not a fan of the cool S everywhere.

S because they are the tier S faction. Easy.

19 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I just think that in a setting with elven soul-thieves riding eels, Einherjar riding dragons that throw stars at people, malevolent tree fae, murder cultist snakegirls, and basically everyone besides the Soulblight, choosing “Regular humans and standard Elf/Dwarfs” is a bit like seeing 100 different interesting flavors and then choosing French Vanilla and then insisting that it’s actually a really interesting choice compared to the others. 

I like cities a lot. I mainly want to argue about Vanilla. Proper vanilla is an absolutely delicious flavour they too often is used to mean plain. It really isn't. Some places use it to mean unflavoured but those places are just wrong and there is special rung of help for them. If you have just milk ice-cream, sure. Just don't call it vanilla unless it actually contains vanilla extract. Or I guess at least artificial vanilla since you can synthese it pretty well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

I like cities a lot. I mainly want to argue about Vanilla. Proper vanilla is an absolutely delicious flavour they too often is used to mean plain. It really isn't. Some places use it to mean unflavoured but those places are just wrong and there is special rung of help for them. If you have just milk ice-cream, sure. Just don't call it vanilla unless it actually contains vanilla extract. Or I guess at least artificial vanilla since you can synthese it pretty well.

Also, ever fantasy depiction of humans looks generic if you are unfamiliar with it. Cities actually have some fun stuff going on. It's just a bit harder to notice than the in-your-face weirdness of OBR or LRL 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

We've created this thread to avoid derailing! Create your own ice cream thread! 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Btw, about the mixed races cities being unique, I think some other companies are starting/ will start to explode that niche. For example, Warcrow recently launched and they indeed have something like CoS where they mix humans, dawis and elves: Hegemony of Embersig (warcrow.com)

And this other faction could be pretty similar to a dispossessed new look: Mounthaven (warcrow.com)

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, about the mixed races cities being unique, I think some other companies are starting/ will start to explode that niche. For example, Warcrow recently launched and they indeed have something like CoS where they mix humans, dawis and elves: Hegemony of Embersig (warcrow.com)

And this other faction could be pretty similar to a dispossessed new look: Mounthaven (warcrow.com)

Off topic for the forum but the more I see of this game, the more I look forward to it. 

I think our best chance at regular dwarfs is in COS as a mixed unit, or a unit brought into the same design as the rest. Fyreslayers and KO are very different for Dwarfs, and GW seems to be moving away from the generic fantasy stuff. Right now the only generic fantasy esque armies are regular mawtribes and COS Dark Elves and Dwarfs. Shadow Elves for DOK will help move away from DE, and COS Ironweld style Dwarfs will help solidify baseline Dwarfs in the setting. Then they can go in the opposite direction with Chaos Dwarfs. I think they might lean into the bright colors like Fantasy Chaos Dwarfs and less of the Legion of Azhorg FW copper and brass look. That copper and brass, fully armored look is already owned by KO. 

Possibly the wrong thread for this question but on the topic of CoS, what would a possible colour scheme for Verdigris look like?

I still haven’t gotten around to painting the CoS army set which I was originally going to paint as Misthaven but the survival of Verdigris at the end of the dawnbringers storyline has me somewhat inspired to paint them up as Verdigris instead of Misthaven.

1 minute ago, SilentSentinel said:

Possibly the wrong thread for this question but on the topic of CoS, what would a possible colour scheme for Verdigris look like?

I still haven’t gotten around to painting the CoS army set which I was originally going to paint as Misthaven but the survival of Verdigris at the end of the dawnbringers storyline has me somewhat inspired to paint them up as Verdigris instead of Misthaven.

I'd imagine it to be mainly green like Living City/Hammerhal Ghyra, maybe with some water iconography (Verdigris reminds me of water for some reason), with slightly rusted/verdigrised metals.

Hope we get a colour scheme for it whenever the new BT comes out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

I like Cities a lot too - you know, lots of people love Game of Thrones (well, before Dumb & Dumber ruined the ending a bit) and if you like that particular brand of fantasy, then CoS seem fitting. To be honest, I had the hardest time with Kharadron OVs as they seem a bit too modern for me but then I thought about how much I love stuff like Final Fantasy 6 or 7 where fantasy meets sci-fi and it works. But frankly, we got so many cool forces that there is little point in saying any of them have no place in it because they're too out there or too boring. 

Vanilla's great too

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

We've created this thread to avoid derailing! Create your own ice cream thread! 

He has my blessing! Not that it counts for anything but this thread is exactly what William Wallace thought of when he screamed "FREEEDOM". 🤙

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

No, this is exactly the right thread for this! I guess "Verdigris" would use a color associated with actual verdigris. So a green or teal color. Perhaps something similar to Vindicarum? They got a dark teal and bronze with Verdigris...

image.png.c0caaa83207f7681eee3a0a6c7334bc0.png

Could work well with purple-ish accents too, seeing how they got a realmgate to Shyish.

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SilentSentinel said:

Literally Verdigris? Lolz. To me would be weird having a city that shares a name with a colour and not using it.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MitGas said:

I like Cities a lot too - you know, lots of people love Game of Thrones (well, before Dumb & Dumber ruined the ending a bit) and if you like that particular brand of fantasy, then CoS seem fitting. To be honest, I had the hardest time with Kharadron OVs as they seem a bit too modern for me but then I thought about how much I love stuff like Final Fantasy 6 or 7 where fantasy meets sci-fi and it works. But frankly, we got so many cool forces that there is little point in saying any of them have no place in it because they're too out there or too boring. 

Vanilla's great too

He has my blessing! Not that it counts for anything but this thread is exactly what William Wallace thought of when he screamed "FREEEDOM". 🤙

This is what the Rumours Thread should be (and it is!).

Also, I was just joking about the icecream. It is nice to have a thread where we can derail it in whichever way we want.

Edited by Ejecutor

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

This is what the Rumours Thread should be (and it is!).

Also, I was just joking about the icecream. It is nice to have a thread where we can derail it in whichever way we want.

Yeah, I enjoy a relaxed rumour thread as much as you but since some users want the rumour thread to be just what the name implies and no general fun, I thought this thread could serve as a compromise. Here we can go off-topic whenever we please and it won‘t annoy any mod who has to reprimand us to stay on topic. Y‘know, it‘s worth a try, if it doesn‘t work - that‘s cool too. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, I enjoy a relaxed rumour thread as much as you but since some users want the rumour thread to be just what the name implies and no general fun, I thought this thread could serve as a compromise. Here we can go off-topic whenever we please and it won‘t annoy any mod who has to reprimand us to stay on topic. Y‘know, it‘s worth a try, if it doesn‘t work - that‘s cool too. 

The problem is how to bring the people from the Rumour Thread. I bet for a lot of users it is the only thing they use from the forum.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The problem is how to bring the people from the Rumour Thread. I bet for a lot of users it is the only thing they use from the forum.

Yeah, I guess it would help to mirror news items or rumours in this thread once something new comes up (like tomorrow when we get another faction preview) and discuss these here in more detail so that the rumour thread doesn't get spammed and post a reminder there to discuss the latest news more deeply in here. It's not a perfect solution but it the best I could think of. I don't think people want to check multiple threads, so having a huge "spam" thread could work. I've seen that on various other forums where people started to love a more relaxed topic for everything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, I guess it would help to mirror news items or rumours in this thread once something new comes up (like tomorrow when we get another faction preview) and discuss these here in more detail so that the rumour thread doesn't get spammed and post a reminder there to discuss the latest news more deeply in here. It's not a perfect solution but it the best I could think of. I don't think people want to check multiple threads, so having a huge "spam" thread could work. I've seen that on various other forums where people started to love a more relaxed topic for everything. 

Probably post the updates here with a reminder when the mods redirect the o er thread. “Hey yall, mods say go back to rumors, feel free to bring the convo here!”

I ve been keeping an extra tab open for this one now so I keep them both going. I’m gonna keep an eye on it and chime in when I feel like it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MitGas said:

yup and also keep posting so it stays top of the recent topics section :D I'm sure @MitGas will have that covered though! :D

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2024 at 5:11 AM, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Slaaneshi Aelves? Yes please! 

So DoK basically? I mean, Morathi was literally inside Slaneesh, got mutated, escaped and formed her Scathborn in her mutated image.

Edited by Xil

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Yeah, that... but more Slaaneshy. Hah! 

Sounds like you wanna start a kitbash project. 

How about putting Blissbarb archer bodies on the snake parts?

Kitbashed Slaneesh Keeper of Secrets, seekers for scale : Warhammer

Edited by Xil
  • Like 1