General Chat Thread

13 minutes ago, woolf said:

yup very true, I'm bracing for impact with the Kruleboyz one tomorrow, but on other hand maybe hard to make them worse than they are atm... 😂

I hope their poison gets reworked. Universal Crit(Mortal) is just impossible to balance. Which is part of why Kruleboyz were doing so badly in 3rd edition: Their poison was so good that they could not be allowed to have any other good rules.

Just making it auto-wound should be enough. Give them some kind of ambushing as well, now that Beasts of Chaos have vacated that design space.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Just making it auto-wound should be enough. Give them some kind of ambushing as well, now that Beasts of Chaos have vacated that design space.

Yes and no. As we will have BoC for a bit, either they share ambush, or one has to get it and the other one does not.

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I hope their poison gets reworked. Universal Crit(Mortal) is just impossible to balance. Which is part of why Kruleboyz were doing so badly in 3rd edition: Their poison was so good that they could not be allowed to have any other good rules.

I'm with u on that, but the universal rule will almost certainly go, some of the units migth keep it on their weapon profiles, or as u say auto-wound.

I'd love for them to get something more leaning into traps and ambushing

2 minutes ago, woolf said:

I'm with u on that, but the universal rule will almost certainly go, some of the units migth keep it on their weapon profiles, or as u say auto-wound.

I'd love for them to get something more leaning into traps and ambushing

Playing against KB with a ranged army, I thought their "no shooting outside of 12" ability was pretty strong, but of course that kind of ranged hate does nothing against a melee army. So I hope they come up with a fun new niche for them.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 7:36 AM, Xil said:

I don't see how Kragnos wouldn't do that. Or a Gordrakk. Or Alariell. Or Gotrek.

I bet she had a boatload of buffs on her? Also IJ are an easy matchup for DoK anyway. Prime targets for units like Morathi (actually Shadowqueen).

They dont attack in hero phase, and they aren't inmortal in 4 turns (5 of you fail to manage to do 3 wounds to him in a turn). At least she only can do it now once per game, big change and necesary.

Edited by Iradekhorne

18 hours ago, Asbestress said:

The Steam Tank will stay in AoS. Seriously. Why did they paint a brand new Hammerhal Aqsha Steam Tank? Why did they spend resources on this?

Why is it going to be replaced by a Cogfort and never mentioned again? Why will I be strangely okay with that? Why do I love Cogforts so much?

I think it's not impossible that the Steam Tank stays in AoS. Or at least some kind of Steam Tank if there is a new kit. It works so well with the theming of the Castellites and would complement a Cogfort super well for a mechanized list.

It seems to me that the Steam Tank has always been a fan favourite. Steam Tank battleline certainly made me start Cities in 2nd ed, and when 3rd ed made Steam Tanks great again a lot of people jumped on the opportunity to play that list.

Let's see where that goes in 4th ed. It seems like Ironweld lists are getting some support:

Dawnbringer Crusades still forge into the bleak and nightmarish wilds, their relentless vigour granting them a movement boost in the early battle, while other Battle Formations make great use of the weapons supplied to them by the Ironweld Engineers or the puissant sorcerers of the Collegiate Arcane.

That might just be a buff to Great Cannons, though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think it's not impossible that the Steam Tank stays in AoS. Or at least some kind of Steam Tank if there is a new kit. It works so well with the theming of the Castellites and would complement a Cogfort super well for a mechanized list.

It seems to me that the Steam Tank has always been a fan favourite. Steam Tank battleline certainly made me start Cities in 2nd ed, and when 3rd ed made Steam Tanks great again a lot of people jumped on the opportunity to play that list.

Let's see where that goes in 4th ed. It seems like Ironweld lists are getting some support:

That might just be a buff to Great Cannons, though.

Yeah. I agree about the new kit.

The current one, apart from looking a bit aged, has the massive problem of all its iconography, so it wouldn't be weird if it stays around but with a facelift.

Btw reflecting a bit on the slaanesh allegiance ability, if they would change it so that:

1) It cant modify charge rolls

2) The dmg happens on 4+ rather than 1-2 and

3) The spell grants Euphoric killer key word if targeting a unit without it, also without providing an extra destiny dice for the opponent in case of spell use (and then keep that it moves from auto wound to mortal if you target an already euphoric killer key worded unit)

With those changes I feel it would at least be playable, as of now its just mind blowing how bad it is, it seems to benefit opponent more than you, certainly if you use it on more than 1 unit... crazy how this have passed quality controls...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woolf said:

With those changes I feel it would at least be playable, as of now its just mind blowing how bad it is, it seems to benefit opponent more than you, certainly if you use it on more than 1 unit... crazy how this have passed quality controls...

Why, oh why, do Hedonites keep getting bollocked when it comes to rules!? 

I know why... it's because Slaanesh is too awesome, and everyone else (including rules writers) are jealous. We've got the best models too, after all. 

33 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I know why... it's because Slaanesh is too awesome, and everyone else (including rules writers) are jealous. We've got the best models too, after all. 

At least you don't need to worry about getting nerfed 😂

and yes yes I know, not full picture yet etc maybe Slaanesh will spank more than ever 😜 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

A spanking! A spanking!

It could happen. 

Exactly! And no one can complain or accuse you of being OP as you will be spanking yourself plenty with that core ability as well! 

2 minutes ago, woolf said:

True that! Slaanesh just cant lose! need to reconsider them as an army option clearly!

Orks never lose, they just leave to get more boyz

2 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

While I agree with the "whole picture" statement, I also feel like the rules they previewed for the army are poor.

Maybe there's a spell or ability that allows the Slaanesh player to increase the chance that their opponent will take wounds? That might help, but I don't know if it would fix it.

I don't know. I'm a Lumineth fan and I loved the rules preview for them. No complaints, all gravy. I don't play Slaanesh and have no interest to, but I still feel like the rules shown for them were a big letdown. They don't really feel Slaanesh-ey, and they don't seem all that exciting. 

9 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

I don't know. I'm a Lumineth fan and I loved the rules preview for them. No complaints, all gravy. I don't play Slaanesh and have no interest to, but I still feel like the rules shown for them were a big letdown. They don't really feel Slaanesh-ey, and they don't seem all that exciting. 

I think the idea of Temptation dice is great, and very flavorful. But the way they've executed it is disappointing. It should be something that a Slaanesh player can choose to offer to an opponent, something very tempting, but with a definite downside. Not just a big bonus for the opponent, with a small chance of there being a (not especially dreadful) penalty. 

• Like 1

Gah they kept the freaking poison mortal wounds rule..... oh well....

Dirty tricks seems pretty strong and fun though so overall quite hyped about this faction focus actually!

Just now, woolf said:

Gah they kept the freaking poison mortal wounds rule..... oh well....

Dirty tricks seems pretty strong and fun though so overall quite hyped about this faction focus actually!

But only in melee (it seems). I thought their mortals were always managable in melee, because their units are kind of slow and frail.

We will also have to see if they still get their old extra damage from the Sludgeraker/extra crit range from the Shaman. They might not get them anymore, but I also think given what we have seen in terms of combat profiles so far, they might not need them as much in 4th.