General Chat Thread

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

But only in melee (it seems). I thought their mortals were always managable in melee, because their units are kind of slow and frail.

We will also have to see if they still get their old extra damage from the Sludgeraker/extra crit range from the Shaman. They might not get them anymore, but I also think given what we have seen in terms of combat profiles so far, they might not need them as much in 4th.

Yeah judging from the ballista it moved to auto-crit for range, question still if that is spearhead only though as they didnt show any range units outside the spearhead..

Pretty confident the shaman buff will be gone given that one of the dirty tricks now has that effect... Sludgeraker aura lets see but my money is that it will be removed as well, or if not be limited to a single target or smth like that..

I think in particular the teleport was a very welcome addition though as we were lacking so much in mobility before

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, woolf said:

Yeah judging from the ballista it moved to auto-crit for range, question still if that is spearhead only though as they didnt show any range units outside the spearhead..

Pretty confident the shaman buff will be gone given that one of the dirty tricks now has that effect... Sludgeraker aura lets see but my money is that it will be removed as well, or if not be limited to a single target or smth like that..

I think in particular the teleport was a very welcome addition though as we were lacking so much in mobility before

It seems to me that the Spearhead rules were made before the indexes (the Spearhead allegiance abilities are all based on the 3rd ed rules). I would be surprised if the designers changed the crit ability on ranged attacks to auto wound, and then changed it back to mortals for the index.

Of course, will know for sure in a few weeks, so let's just wait and see.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It seems to me that the Spearhead rules were made before the indexes (the Spearhead allegiance abilities are all based on the 3rd ed rules). I would be surprised if the designers changed the crit ability on ranged attacks to auto wound, and then changed it back to mortals for the index.

Yeah and tbh can't say I disagree with deleting range mortal wounds from the game either, it was the same with bow snakes the other day I think

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Or maybe not before, but made by different teams.

21 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Logistics could very well mean that spearhead rules were finalised before the main rules.

Things can also change pretty late-on in development.

For example, the printed warscroll equivalents in 40k's Leviathan box had a couple pretty fundamental differences to the Index rules. (eg. Combi-Weapons.)

And like you say, that was probably down to logistics. (The Leviathan rules being printed without GW finalising said rules.)

Edited by LordSolarMach

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Our order prediction failed. Seraphon on Monday!

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Faction Focus: Soulblight Gravelords - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

AoS SoulblightFF Jun14 Masthead

AoS SoulblightFF Jun14 Spearhead

That's a cool vibrant red!

Warscrolls look strong. Lauka Vai seems super threatening.

They finally removed Gravesites, everything now works off of heroes and terrain. Endless Legions is a command now instead of a die roll (like it was in Legions of Nagash, but much less abusable).

The flavour seems on point to me. Looking foreward to resurrecting my old Deathmarch list.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Exactly. They could have ordered so it ended on Seraphon, Sylvaneth, Soulblight and Sons of Behemat. But didn't

They COULD have done it that way, but then they would have missed out on two whole weeks of teasing us about wether Orruk Warclans would split or not.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, woolf said:

I suppose IJ will be the last book just because.. but really hope we get compensated with a nice spearhead!

They gotta keep some of the top favorites for last, else fewer will read all the previews. 

3 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

But they had put out the elves already...

Yeah, they diluted the previews of the cool factions like Tzeentch with some of the worst trash to counterbalance things! 👺

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, they diluted the previews of the cool factions like Tzeentch with some of the worst trash to counterbalance things! 👺

The game is infested by aelves at this point what cab they do 😜 clearly you need one of each type! gotta catch em all!

• Haha 2

Its funny how in spite of setting up this thread, people are still gravitating to the rumour thread for general chat, would kinda have assumed the mods to be in favour of keeping discussions here but I guess not huh

• Like 1