General Chat Thread

3 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

I really feel like Treesong should have been part of the battle traits instead of a lore. 

I agree, specially if they ever give us another spell lore choice latter on.

8 minutes ago, woolf said:

ok so General Chatter friends, what do we think about Tree ppl? Did they get Slaaneshed or looking strong? 

Seems fine so far. The closer to the focused being done the more I’m of the opinion we won’t really know anything for sure until the index is released.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woolf said:

ok so General Chatter friends, what do we think about Tree ppl? Did they get Slaaneshed or looking strong? 

More on the strong side so far IMO. But like I always say, it‘s way too early to say much about any of them overall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

More on the strong side so far IMO. But like I always say, it‘s way too early to say much about any of them overall.

At least not beating your casting this time!

4 hours ago, woolf said:

Their traits got nerfed, but not unplayable. Strike and fade reduced and can be retaliated since it is end of turn and still in combat. Loss of overgrowth and woods limit to just 3 reduces mobility and make placing their right much more important. I think the playstyle will change from hit and run to choosing some points by placing woods and holding it with heals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Their traits got nerfed, but not unplayable. Strike and fade reduced and can be retaliated since it is end of turn and still in combat. Loss of overgrowth and woods limit to just 3 reduces mobility and make placing their right much more important. I think the playstyle will change from hit and run to choosing some points by placing woods and holding it with heals.

It feels like a kind of KO treatment. Some big and fundamental changes to make them more fun to play against, but that also likely completely changes their play style. 

the loss of overgrown is the killer. It will be very difficult to put trees in relevant places. And when they are in good spots they will likely be killed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gailon said:

It feels like a kind of KO treatment. Some big and fundamental changes to make them more fun to play against, but that also likely completely changes their play style. 

the loss of overgrown is the killer. It will be very difficult to put trees in relevant places. And when they are in good spots they will likely be killed. 

Yeah it fill similar. I do hope they do get those changes right and make those rules better to play against (and don't create new ones in other factions).

Overgrowth was the worst loss for me as well, mostly because I hate transporting woods for games... I may not be that bad if the opponent is dedicating his limited damage to killing woods, specially when you have 3 down as it will let you change their placement.

ah too bad they removed overgrowth, i always thought it to be quite an elegant solution to work with already existing terrain... maybe its because they want faction terrain to be destructible but not normal terrain.. but could have made so that you can still attack the overgrowth I suppose and just flip it back to what it was before rather than remove if destroyed 

We have not seen everything yet i believe. That goes for every faction.

I am sure with the index we will see some more stuff on how things can work. Spell lores, prayers, artifacts, commands, formations, etc....all things that can shake up a faction 

With the way they seem to be playing up terrain interaction this edition (it feels like there’s a lot more abilities across the board that refer to using terrain imo), I would not at all rule out Overgrown being in the spell lore or a unit ability somewhere.

I would not treat it as a guarantee, but I would not rule it out, either.

• Like 1

Blades of Khorne Faction Focus.  There's nothing left to do now except play the waiting game...

Faction Packs will be available to download for free before Skaventide is released, and the Digital Battletomes for Stormcast Eternals, Beasts of Chaos, and Bonesplitterz very soon after.

...The waiting game sucks, lets play Hungry Hungry Hippos. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic