General Chat Thread

Am I right in thinking that the bulk of the fire and jade book is just all the spearhead box stats bound into book format? If so, to me it seems a bit redundant anyway. Even tho I've ordered Skaventide, I will use the downloads for the stats. I'll probably print & laminate them to make my own warscroll cards for playing rather than flicking back and forth in a book.

They've probably left the book out of the gaming pack as any future spearhead gaming packs will not come with a book either, as there would be no need as it would just be the same book again with a different name. I'd imagine future gaming packs will match the contents of this one; board, scenery, battle tactic decks, twist decks.

1 minute ago, GrimDork said:

Am I right in thinking that the bulk of the fire and jade book is just all the spearhead box stats bound into book format? If so, to me it seems a bit redundant anyway. Even tho I've ordered Skaventide, I will use the downloads for the stats. I'll probably print & laminate them to make my own warscroll cards for playing rather than flicking back and forth in a book.

They've probably left the book out of the gaming pack as any future spearhead gaming packs will not come with a book either, as there would be no need as it would just be the same book again with a different name. I'd imagine future gaming packs will match the contents of this one; board, scenery, battle tactic decks, twist decks.

Yeah, a decent chunk is all the warscrolls. Also, it would be cool if Spearhead leads to more and more varied terrain, even if it is just one sprue.

Edited by Ejecutor

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Prices prices:

1.jpg.0d0a834416fc5bb757767d53054fd8af.jpg

Presumably the more expensive faction packs have a larger number of units/more cards?

Some of these seem like a complete waste of time! We know SC & Skaven will be getting a tome soon, at which point these cards will be invalidated. Again, I'll be cracking out the laminator!

1 minute ago, GrimDork said:

Presumably the more expensive faction packs have a larger number of units/more cards?

Some of these seem like a complete waste of time! We know SC & Skaven will be getting a tome soon, at which point these cards will be invalidated. Again, I'll be cracking out the laminator!

Yeah. This happened also in 40k. Those with more content were more expensive. Also, the problem is not only those factions receiving a tome soon, like SCE or Skavens, but that is very likely that most of the cards will be wrong. This happened with the 40k to the point that GW accepted returns/ refunds and they removed them from sale.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Well, yeah. But the Fire & Jade book is a nice one stop with all spearhead warscrolls and the core rules.

I suppose that's true, although most ppl probably prefer to just Download and print the free pdf for their army, unless you have a lot of the boxes a single book doesn't seem too much value...

6 hours ago, GrimDork said:

That's what i'm hoping, though I still want to see if the Fire & Jade is all business or if there's any lore in it