General Chat Thread

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

I'm so glad Skaventide hasn't sold out. After making a mistake with my order GW told me I have to cancel it and start again and I have to wait 3 business days for my refund to process. I don't want to order again until I'm sure I've got my refund so that means I can't order until at least Thursday. It's good to know that I won't have to worry about stock running out. 

Yeah, imo the way it should be. It's really frustrating that you want to pre-order a GW product and you realize you were to late,  this while you logged in before it went on pre-order.

• Like 1

One problem leads to others. I tried to reorder but I'd originally added the free Warhammer+ mini to my order as I haven't ordered anything direct from GW since 2022 but now it's saying it's already been claimed already and I can't reorder it. I had also added Skittershank's clawpack to my order as it was in stock for the first time in a while but it's already sold out again. 

I've been curious so I've been looking around to see how Skaventide is doing. Ebay is interesting. They tell you how many of something has sold and by entering too many items in your cart you can figure how many are in stock. 

The biggest bit seller I could find is Datwarhammer store. It has all the individual units up. The most popular one is perhaps surprisingly, the lord vigilant with 589 sold and just 20 left in stock. 

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I would be very surprised if it isn't doing very good. The mini's are amazing and the new ruleset while it is not 100% what I hoped it would be is pretty solid.

210 euro is still a lot of money, but you do get a lot of cool stuff.

There seem to be a lot of places you can get it at a discount, though. I even saw a French online shop listing it for just under 190EUR. Not a massive discount, but still.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

There seem to be a lot of places you can get it at a discount, though. I even saw a French online shop listing it for just under 190EUR. Not a massive discount, but still.

I got mine for 160,52 and saw many places with a 15-20% discount over here. It is pricey indeed, but these boxes are always a good pick considering their value save. If you want to get it all separately it costs easily 4 times more.

Edited by Ejecutor

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I got mine for 160,52 and saw many places with a 15-20% discount over here. it is pricey indeed, but his boxes are always a good pick considering their value save. If you want to get it al separately it costs easily 4 times more.

That's an amazing deal! Did you have to pay for postage?

8 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

That's an amazing deal! Did you have to pay for postage?

Yep, but we ordered 10. So 6,50€ that is the postage between 10 is not that much.

I usually use two stores purely for their discounts. One offers me a 22% discount with free shipping for over 60 € spent, and this one offers a 16% with an extra 9% (which is not a real 25%, ends up being like a 24,XX%), but the shipping is 6,50 €. So depending on how much I am expending I use one or another.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I got mine for 160,52 and saw many places with a 15-20% discount over here. it is pricey indeed, but his boxes are always a good pick considering their value save. If you want to get it al separately it costs easily 4 times more.

Not sure I'd call them pricy, to be honest. Two Spearheads, books, board, cards, some terrain for less money than two Mega-Gargants.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

One problem leads to others. I tried to reorder but I'd originally added the free Warhammer+ mini to my order as I haven't ordered anything direct from GW since 2022 but now it's saying it's already been claimed already and I can't reorder it. I had also added Skittershank's clawpack to my order as it was in stock for the first time in a while but it's already sold out again. 

I've been curious so I've been looking around to see how Skaventide is doing. Ebay is interesting. They tell you how many of something has sold and by entering too many items in your cart you can figure how many are in stock. 

The biggest bit seller I could find is Datwarhammer store. It has all the individual units up. The most popular one is perhaps surprisingly, the lord vigilant with 589 sold and just 20 left in stock. 

Yeah, they still owe me the Warhammer+ year 2 mini as well. They never stated that these are timed exclusives, so I want to order it when I buy something directly from GW. Waited and waited for the Nurgle herald and then missed my chance for it apparently. Perhaps they’ll come back one day. I‘ve learned to be even less nice (difficult to pull off but I‘m motivated to give it my all) 😎 … and next time just have them pay postage for a single mini - cause they don‘t really worry about my wallet either! 😆

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, they still owe me the Warhammer+ year 2 mini as well. They never stated that these are timed exclusives, so I want to order it when I buy something directly from GW. Waited and waited for the Nurgle herald and then missed my chance for it apparently. Perhaps they’ll come back one day. I‘ve learned to be even less nice (difficult to pull off but I‘m motivated to give it my all) 😎 … and next time just have them pay postage for a single mini - cause they don‘t really worry about my wallet either! 😆

I've just emailed them and they promised to send me one separately. 

Regarding the box, I think it's both a very good deal and also an expensive product. 

If you look at the contents it's £15 per unit, £5 for each foot hero, £10 for the mounted heroes and £10 for all the books and cards. Those are the kinds of prices I was paying for stuff back in the 90's.

£160 is simply a lot of money though, especially when you convert it into yen and are paying ¥36,000 for it. 

It's still less than I payed for a single Godzilla figure for my son. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I've just emailed them and they promised to send me one separately. 

Regarding the box, I think it's both a very good deal and also an expensive product. 

If you look at the contents it's £15 per unit, £5 for each foot hero, £10 for the mounted heroes and £10 for all the books and cards. Those are the kinds of prices I was paying for stuff back in the 90's.

£160 is simply a lot of money though, especially when you convert it into yen and are paying ¥36,000 for it. 

It's still less than I payed for a single Godzilla figure for my son. 

Godzilla has the power to raze whole cities though, what can those forces do? 🤭

They promised me the same, it never arrived. Wishing you more luck! 

6 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I hear you, and at the same time, I'm also aware that none of this is essential. It's a hobby. We all make a fully informed decision to opt in.

I wish everyone would do it that way... I don't know over there, but here you can see players eating a whole month of rice and pasta to be able to get minis.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I wish everyone would do it that way... I don't know over there, but here you can see players eating a whole month of rice and pasta to be able to get minis.

This reflects far more on the mentality of people, than it does on the pricing policy of a company. There's a reason why I don't have a better photo camera, bigger vinyl collection, better quality TV, newer model of a mobile phone, (even) more plastic little men. That reason is simply called 'priorities'. Sure, we are all free to set them for ourselves as we like, but I also think that people need to be mature enough to take responsibility for the choices they make.

Yes, you can choose to buy toys instead of life essentials, and yes, it's none of my business if you do so. But if you do, please have the maturity to not blame the price of said toys for ruining you financially. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

IMO, if you have to recommend a GW product to someone who is not into Warhammer and wants to go in my pick would always be these launch boxes. They are the best of the best deals.

Depending on what level of familiarity with the hobby I tend to go a different route. Go small, starting building and painting, if they like it keep going. If they sort of know what they're going into a spearhead is, like you say, the best deal.

I've seen so many fresh players go for box deals and immediately end up with a fresh pile of regrets before landing in a faction they like. You save money on the boxed set but they're still quite expensive. Better to dip your toes with a small unit and find out if you actually want to commit to building/painting a whole army. They'll also find out if the hobby is for them.

12 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Depending on what level of familiarity with the hobby I tend to go a different route. Go small, starting building and painting, if they like it keep going. If they sort of know what they're going into a spearhead is, like you say, the best deal.

I've seen so many fresh players go for box deals and immediately end up with a fresh pile of regrets before landing in a faction they like. You save money on the boxed set but they're still quite expensive. Better to dip your toes with a small unit and find out if you actually want to commit to building/painting a whole army. They'll also find out if the hobby is for them.

Oh yeah. For sure. I usually have leftovers from Hachette that I give them to try out first. Or for this particular case the miniature of the month is ideal.

When it comes to the price of GW products I'm a bit back and forth. On some things I see the price and think "That is perfectly reasonable" other times I look and think "hmm, pushing it a bit but I'll for it" and then there are times it just feels off. "This is over-priced". There doesn't seem to be much of a formulae though, lol. I just kinda automatically think one of those 3 things almost instantly and rarely change my mind. 

£160 for Skaventide was an instant "that's perfectly reasonable". 

• Like 2