General Chat Thread

5 minutes ago, Fellman said:

Fyerqueen confirmed new model is coming?
image.png.e96ee352feaa4d42e75a32383e4d6784.png

Yeah. I think they are setting the path. Previously we had Magmaqueens, so maybe they got a proper new model ready and changed its naming.

• LOVE IT! 1

From Nezzil:

20240603_153736.jpg

The guy at the front I am not sure if it is a human or a Kruleboyz based on how ugly it is, but the thing at the back seems to be a Stormcast being stomped by a lighting?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

From Nezzil:

20240603_153736.jpg

The guy at the front I am not sure if it is a human or a Kruleboyz based on how ugly it is, but the thing at the back seems to be a Stormcast being stomped by a lighting?

I think that from Dawnbringers with Ionus dragging Vandus (who becoming a lighting ghiest) to the cell

9 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm not a big fan of either faction myself but to call them useless is a bit harsh. 😜

I mean, you would expect something special... but it is just a "normal" newsletter subscription button.

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

This has been useless so far, right?

image.png.382314cbc2042196cce6bcaad14ae9c8.png

I might be remembering wrong but I think Leviathan had something happen with their equivalent later. Winner got the earlier reveals for the new stuff not in the FOMO box. It was actually kind of awkward because they had squatted an old unit for marines and were replacing it with a new unit, but Tyranids won. So they just kind of had a ...well, you can use the old models for...I guess something sort of a bit like them, rather than "here are the new pretty models to replace your old ones"

4 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

I might be remembering wrong but I think Leviathan had something happen with their equivalent later. Winner got the earlier reveals for the new stuff not in the FOMO box. It was actually kind of awkward because they had squatted an old unit for marines and were replacing it with a new unit, but Tyranids won. So they just kind of had a ...well, you can use the old models for...I guess something sort of a bit like them, rather than "here are the new pretty models to replace your old ones"

The Leviathan "promo" came from codes inside the boxes rather than the newsletter register.

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

LESS THAN A MONTH FOR THE SKAVENTIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wait what? Already? Curse you, unstoppable advent of time!

I have only finished 1 spearhead of the 3 I want done before that.

Guys have they given any clear information that Spearhead can be bought as a separate box without starting armies or will it be needed to buy the full launch box ?

I have already 4 spearheads more or less rdy to go and not super keen to invest in Skaven or the new Stormcast either... but really want to get hold of the board + cards etc..

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, woolf said:

Guys have they given any clear information that Spearhead can be bought as a separate box without starting armies or will it be needed to buy the full launch box ?

I have already 4 spearheads more or less rdy to go and not super keen to invest in Skaven or the new Stormcast either... but really want to get hold of the board + cards etc..

Nothing yet. Second-hand sites will be your friend.

Edited by Ejecutor

15 minutes ago, woolf said:

IIrc the rules will be online, so you only need to get a playing field. 

Selling the spearhead stuff separately afterwards does seem like a smart business move to me, but I am no GW.

4 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Selling the spearhead stuff separately afterwards does seem like a smart business move to me, but I am no GW.

Also, the field is Warcry size, so apart from the objectives you will be fine.

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, the field is Warcry size, so apart from the objectives you will be fine.

Yeah was thinking about that as a fall back, just not very interested in Warcry overall and would prefer to get the actual cards for Spearhead (battle tactics/cmds) rather than having to print them out myself

15 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

I am 100% sure that they will sell the whole pack (board, rules, deck + maybe small scenery) separately right after the Skaventide is available. It would be a weird business move not to.  

10 minutes ago, woolf said:

Yeah was thinking about that as a fall back, just not very interested in Warcry overall and would prefer to get the actual cards for Spearhead (battle tactics/cmds) rather than having to print them out myself

Oh, I agree. 

Luckily for us I think more people want just the skaven/sce without the spearhead stuff, so it might be available on the cheap on ebay.

31 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I am 100% sure that they will sell the whole pack (board, rules, deck + maybe small scenery) separately right after the Skaventide is available. It would be a weird business move not to.  

I’m 100% sure they will as well.
Will probably be better value tho to just buy the Launch box and sell off anything you don’t want. Even if you wanted to only keep the spearhead minis I’m sure the additional minis will sell well on eBay.

Ah, Tides of Death. How unchanged you are. Not a bad thing, as its a good rule. The spearhead rules lack the "no damage on retreat" in the Ebb Tide, which is interesting. I guess you can retreat without mortals in spearhead.

Namarti Thralls having a full rule instead of just having Anti-Monster(+1 damage) is a bit annoying imo. That could have been cleaned up.