Runelord (120)
 • Brazier of Holy Flame
Hammerers (150)

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App
Exported with App Version: 1.0.1
Data Version: v128

1.jpg.df81cbd58587f4a8b34694aaa720acbc.jpg

Quick update:

I attended a really small GT (local flooding in SE US caused lots of drops) but we still had 14 show up and i managed to go 4-1. Summary of my list is at the bottom. This was after 4 winning practice games as well leaving the army at 8-1 for 4th edition. 

The survivability of cavaliers with Hold the Line combined with their decent damage on the charge made them absolute MVPS. They are an absolute jack of all trade unit and so good in this edition. 10/10

My 40 fusiliers did pretty good. They never did a ton of damage but they did consistent damage and forced my opponent into bad decisions and they often tanked stuff long enough for cavaliers to save the day. 8/10

Warforger - Always useful, but I often failed the 3+ save buff. Still one of our cheapest options for orders and great for taking the master of balistics. Cindercloud saved my bacon a few times. 9/10

Battlemage on Hurricanum - Always the first unit my opponents targeted for good reason. I gave him the prayer tome and often chose to pray rather than cast. Rune of Oath and Steel is a game changer and the +1 to hit buff makes cavaliers even better than they already are. 10/10

Tahlia - Always did her job but as my fastest unit, often found herself out of range for orders or rezzes. Still a strong damage profile, and the ASL rampaged helped her kill skarbrand. A bit pricy on points considering we have griffins but the model is just too good to leave at home. 7/10.

My only loss was to a Belakor list with the dreaded chosen nurgle block, Abraxia, deepstriking Ogroids and Varanguard. I pushed up a bit too close to get all my shots in, rolled poorly, and then he made a bunch of long bomb charges. Basically Left me with only Tahlia and a few horses by turn 2. And then he used belakor to turn off Tahlia lmao. Huge loss 22-50.

List:

-Tahlia

-20 Fusiliers

-Battlemage on Hurricanum with Tome

-10 Cavalliers

-10 Cavaliers

-5 Cavaliers

-Warforger with Master of Balistics

-20 Fusiliers

(Morbid Conjuration)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Landohammer said:

Quick update:

I attended a really small GT (local flooding in SE US caused lots of drops) but we still had 14 show up and i managed to go 4-1. Summary of my list is at the bottom. This was after 4 winning practice games as well leaving the army at 8-1 for 4th edition. 

The survivability of cavaliers with Hold the Line combined with their decent damage on the charge made them absolute MVPS. They are an absolute jack of all trade unit and so good in this edition. 10/10

My 40 fusiliers did pretty good. They never did a ton of damage but they did consistent damage and forced my opponent into bad decisions and they often tanked stuff long enough for cavaliers to save the day. 8/10

Warforger - Always useful, but I often failed the 3+ save buff. Still one of our cheapest options for orders and great for taking the master of balistics. Cindercloud saved my bacon a few times. 9/10

Battlemage on Hurricanum - Always the first unit my opponents targeted for good reason. I gave him the prayer tome and often chose to pray rather than cast. Rune of Oath and Steel is a game changer and the +1 to hit buff makes cavaliers even better than they already are. 10/10

Tahlia - Always did her job but as my fastest unit, often found herself out of range for orders or rezzes. Still a strong damage profile, and the ASL rampaged helped her kill skarbrand. A bit pricy on points considering we have griffins but the model is just too good to leave at home. 7/10.

My only loss was to a Belakor list with the dreaded chosen nurgle block, Abraxia, deepstriking Ogroids and Varanguard. I pushed up a bit too close to get all my shots in, rolled poorly, and then he made a bunch of long bomb charges. Basically Left me with only Tahlia and a few horses by turn 2. And then he used belakor to turn off Tahlia lmao. Huge loss 22-50.

List:

-Tahlia

-20 Fusiliers

-Battlemage on Hurricanum with Tome

-10 Cavalliers

-10 Cavaliers

-5 Cavaliers

-Warforger with Master of Balistics

-20 Fusiliers

(Morbid Conjuration)

Thanks for the insights. I think the picture of what units are good in Cities is definitely getting clearer as people are getting in more games and the first tournament results start coming in.

It definitely makes sense that Cavalry spam is a viable strategy. All cavalry seems really good right now. Fusiliers don't look like too much on paper, but they are cheap and their tanky enough to surprise people. I am glad to see that the Hurricanum is working for you. I think it might be a dark horse unit that is currently flying under a lot people's radars. But I also think it is really solid.

What was your experience using and fighting against Manifestations? Did Morbid Conjuration work well for you?

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Thanks for the insights. I think the picture of what units are good in Cities is definitely getting clearer as people are getting in more games and the first tournament results start coming in.

It definitely makes sense that Cavalry spam is a viable strategy. All cavalry seems really good right now. Fusiliers don't look like too much on paper, but they are cheap and their tanky enough to surprise people. I am glad to see that the Hurricanum is working for you. I think it might be a dark horse unit that is currently flying under a lot people's radars. But I also think it is really solid.

What was your experience using and fighting against Manifestations? Did Morbid Conjuration work well for you?

I know myself and a lot of other tourney players were initially concerned with manifestations but honestly they didn't have much impact in any of my games. In many cases they were harmful since they can act as a kind of springboard for charging. They can't normally be used for BTs but some of them can be used by your opponent such as the BT where you just have to fight twice without dying. 

I managed to get shackles and purple sun on the board each once all weekend and they did help do some chip damage to a bloodthirster, but otherwise weren't of any material value, at least with my 2 cast list.  

Yea I see a lot of people taking Pontifex and I love the model but IMHO it's overpriced. It's too slow to keep up with cavaliers, and it's too easily shutdown by a 1 on the prayer roll. The hurricanum buff is guaranteed on at least one unit and the mortal wounds are quite reliable later in the game. It's also a bit faster and more easily able to stay in range of the cavaliers. 

Either pontifex needs a point drop or hurricanum needs a point hike lol.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

Yea I see a lot of people taking Pontifex and I love the model but IMHO it's overpriced. It's too slow to keep up with cavaliers, and it's too easily shutdown by a 1 on the prayer roll. The hurricanum buff is guaranteed on at least one unit and the mortal wounds are quite reliable later in the game. It's also a bit faster and more easily able to stay in range of the cavaliers. 

I am currently still running the Pontifex but it is a big investment. Generally, I find that she is not too random: Between her two prayers, you can generally get to at least 5 ritual points for her basic effect. The strategy is to first do one of the generic prayers and always save the points, then do her warscroll prayer after. And if that does not work out, to use Magical Intervention to eventually get there.

I have not found that she is too slow to support Cavaliers, since she can generally run (does not want to charge), give herself an Advance order or use the 2" movement buff if she gets the bonus effect on her prayer. In fact, I frequently do battle tactics with her in later rounds since she can be surprisingly mobile if she needs to. I would like to eventually try moving away from her, though, because at the end of the day she is 240 points for a 12" bubble of 5+ ward that forces you to castle up more than you would like.

I really like the Hurricanum, though, and do not currently see myself cutting it from lists. It just has such a nice collection of good stuff that it does. The +1 to hit, cast and mortal wound shot don't seem like much in isolation, but taken together I think they are really great utility.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I am currently still running the Pontifex but it is a big investment. Generally, I find that she is not too random: Between her two prayers, you can generally get to at least 5 ritual points for her basic effect. The strategy is to first do one of the generic prayers and always save the points, then do her warscroll prayer after. And if that does not work out, to use Magical Intervention to eventually get there.

I have not found that she is too slow to support Cavaliers, since she can generally run (does not want to charge), give herself an Advance order or use the 2" movement buff if she gets the bonus effect on her prayer. In fact, I frequently do battle tactics with her in later rounds since she can be surprisingly mobile if she needs to. I would like to eventually try moving away from her, though, because at the end of the day she is 240 points for a 12" bubble of 5+ ward that forces you to castle up more than you would like.

I really like the Hurricanum, though, and do not currently see myself cutting it from lists. It just has such a nice collection of good stuff that it does. The +1 to hit, cast and mortal wound shot don't seem like much in isolation, but taken together I think they are really great utility.

To me her ward has less value bc when I truly need it I can just issue Hold the Line. And if I need a prayer I have the Tome. 

And yes I also like using magical intervention for prayers but needing a CP to make your 240pt unit work is rough. Hurricanum pretty much never needs CP!

Give her a 30-40pt drop and I'm in tho.👍 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...