The Slaughter at Hel Crown

The Slaughter at Hel Crown  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you going to support in The Slaughter at Hel Crown campaign?

I would like to know what TGA will vote for in the upcoming Slaughter at Hel Crown.

But that's not all:

The Dawnbringers In-store Crusade Has Finished – Find Out the Results Within - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

While the ratmen and the warriors of Sigmar battle for control of the city interior, other factions will fight to seize power in the area around Hel Crown. In addition to the results from your Skaventide boxed set, you will be able to enter battle results between all other factions at the same website, shaping the outcome of the wider struggle.

Which army are you going to support with the outcome of your battles?

Skaven. They have the older set of models so seeing their refreshed stuff will be more inherently interesting than 1st edition SCE in Thunderstrike armour.

And just in general the aesthetics and design language of Skaven is a lot more interesting, unique and varied whereas SCE are drawing a lot of influence from modern Blizzard games.

Although to be fair the Ruination stuff seems like the GW designers finally got the memo that grimy dark fantasy has been in vogue for the past 14 years ever since Dark Souls and GoT popped off and they should probably be leaning into that style more, especially when considering the Warhammer brand as a whole has always been that. Making the flagship faction of the game look like knock-off Diablo 3 characters was probably always a big contributing factor to the backlash SCE has historically faced.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I've no real horse in the race since I didn't pickup Skaventide (I collect neither army) but if I was going to I'd vote Stormcast simply because the internet is in love with the Skaven and I'm legally obliged to be contrarian. 

But you can also put the results of battles, so you can "vote" whichever faction you want.

39 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

But you can also put the results of battles, so you can "vote" whichever faction you want.

More that since I'm not picking up Skaventide I won't have one of the QR codes. Plus the main event is deciding if SCE/Skaven see their goodies first.

Orderbros (and broettes) I don't feel so good...

zHvnlnvAlYZeykFV.jpg

Matters are indeed dire, the Skaven have been prowling the slime-coated shacks of the Scabs in search of a grotesque prize: corpses of mutated Parch Whales whose innards are aglow with the sickly light of warpstone.

In the Gilder District, high society has rapidly converted to worshipping a new deity known as Good King Gnaw. In service to their new patron, the cult has undermined the Stormcast Eternals, though the screeching horde pays little respect to their treachery.

Outside the city, the forces of Ruin are in the ascendent, as the unclean energies emanating from the Gnaw expand the Lands Anathema. The Skaven scuttle ships and devastate ports, cutting the city off from seaborne support.

34500YsDrh8DHx4k.jpg

I am going to support Stormcast, as much as I am a Chaos fanboy and even though I slightly prefer skaven aesthetically I think that in this developing framework of a narrative that we call Age of Sigmar it would be nice to see good triumph. Allow the Stormcast a moment of respite before the pall of darkness settles once more upon the lands. I am also actually quite fond of Stormcast something about an army where every character has had a lifetime of heroism lead them into their current predicament provides the narrative ability to really consider every unit an individual and they look really cool... at least when they are painted anything other than garish gold. 

It is also more interesting to have a beleaguered city setting than an entirely ruined one. 

However, as a Chaos fanboy I am more than happy if they loose and the rats continue to gnaw at the realms.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

Wait, are people expecting this to be important to the lore going forward. I assumed it was just a mini-campaign to drive engagement and decide an, ultimately, unimportant reveal order?

I would have agreed with you normally if they didn't have a full Hellcrown map and heraldry.

Edited by Ejecutor

WarCom update.

9HbGKwlgst5bfDzh.jpg

Once again the Skaven have struck the decisive blow, Warlocks chittering maniacally as they plunder the industrial Sabre District for new machineries to breach the walls of the Great Caldera and capture the realmgate within.

In the Splint, meanwhile, assassins slip through the night like liquid shadow, their warpstone-tainted blades finding the backs of the warriors defending the Acadamae Martial. With city diagrams and powerful relics stolen, a chain of warpstone bombs are detonated, and the frothing clan-warriors of Verminus pour in and overwhelm the defenders.

Outside the city, the battle is almost too close to call, as both sides struggle for supremacy. Despite a fierce assault by the forces of Chaos, Order has dug in and earned a bitter victory upon Mount Talari, pushing back the seething horde at great cost.

The Stormcast Eternals mark this narrowest of victories on the Gheistclay, a landmass of corpses piled high by the Khornate tribes only recently driven from this place by the Dawnbringers. In a lull in the fighting, they set about this unholy edifice with their hammers, and as they chant a mournful dirge of final rest, it begins to break apart. After one final, defiant surge by the spirits of those long-since murdered, these wailing souls are finally put to rest and all is quiet for a moment – though ominous fires rage upon the horizon.

bE69AYEhYsLhTgGF.jpg

43 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Either they’re a lot more Skaven players then even GW realized feeling galvanized to play as many games as possible…. Or GW stacked the deck in the rats favor.

What proportion of people is actually playing a game before voting?  The result is more indicative of the fact that people want to see the Skaven minis first. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Either they’re a lot more Skaven players then even GW realized feeling galvanized to play as many games as possible…. Or GW stacked the deck in the rats favor.

I doubt even 10% of the votes are tied to game results. People just vote based on their preferences most of the time.