The Slaughter at Hel Crown

The Slaughter at Hel Crown  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you going to support in The Slaughter at Hel Crown campaign?

14 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Either they’re a lot more Skaven players then even GW realized feeling galvanized to play as many games as possible…. Or GW stacked the deck in the rats favor.

I doubt most of these are actually based on games played tbh.

Disregarding reveal order, I think Hel Crown staying a city of Sigmar in the middle of toxic waste even more Chaos-y than the rest of the wilderness would be more interesting than another city falling.

Hope Chaos winning in the city but Order holding out outside gives us something good (dual siege lock with a Skaven city encircled by a CoS encircled by Skaven?).

• Like 4

Yeah from a narrative or lore standpoint having a city that's constantly fighting back against the tide of Skaven/Chaos but still managing to hold on is more interesting to me than the alternative, which is presumably either 'city is destroyed, the end' or it just becomes another Skaven infested ruin.

That and it would suck to lose a city with a cool name like 'Hel Crown'

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Disregarding reveal order, I think Hel Crown staying a city of Sigmar in the middle of toxic waste even more Chaos-y than the rest of the wilderness would be more interesting than another city falling.

Hope Chaos winning in the city but Order holding out outside gives us something good (dual siege lock with a Skaven city encircled by a CoS encircled by Skaven?).

….. is that a ****** Gallic War reference? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SilentSentinel said:

Yeah from a narrative or lore standpoint having a city that's constantly fighting back against the tide of Skaven/Chaos but still managing to hold on is more interesting to me than the alternative, which is presumably either 'city is destroyed, the end' or it just becomes another Skaven infested ruin.

That and it would suck to lose a city with a cool name like 'Hel Crown'

There's something interesting about the Chaos winning the city, that is mentioned in the last update post. The city has a closed realm gate. Maybe Skavens/ Archaon manage to make it work again. But yeah, I would prefer Order winning inside, and Chaos winning outside.

11 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Its pretty amusing that Order is currently winning outside the city at around the same margin as Skaven are winning inside the city. 

WOW! When did this flip so hard?

I am still hoping for at least one victory for Order (inside or outside), because a city that nobody ever heard of before this event being destroyed is just not interesting. A city standing as an Order strong point in a sea of Skaven or potentially being retaken later is, though.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I am still hoping for at least one victory for Order (inside or outside), because a city that nobody ever heard of before this event being destroyed is just not interesting. A city standing as an Order strong point in a sea of Skaven or potentially being retaken later is, though.

Agreed!

24 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It is not true that it was a new city. It has always been there, and Soulbound developed it a bit as well. Before it was a Khorne place and it was super hard to take until very recently with a big cost order got it and closed its realmgate to Khorne's reign.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is not true that it was a new city. It has always been there, and Soulbound developed it a bit as well. Before it was a Khorne place and it was super hard to take until very recently with a big cost order got it and closed its realmgate to Khorne's reign.

Looking at the Lexicanum entry right now:

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Hel_Crown

It appears that Hel Crown was first described as a Khorne fortress in the Soulbound core book. I have read that book and don't remember it, so I am thinking it was just a small, throwaway line (there are a bunch of fun little adventure locations in that book that are just a sentence or two to get your imagination going).

Then the development of the city being taken by the forces of Order was introduced just now with the Hel Crown event. So I stand by my previous statement that it's a new city that nobody had ever heard of before. A city being introduced and then destroyed in the same event is not narrative development in my book, because nothing changes.

9 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Current balance of power outside the city is 39.3% for Order vs 60.7% for Chaos. Champions of Order, rise up!

I still want to belive that this will end 51 - 49 inside and 49 - 51 outside. Not scripted at all.

42 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

Did everyone else have any issues?

I typed in the code, my email address, nothing then happened. I've emailed customer service and they sent another code, no joy there either.

Did you pick your side bellow that? It is not very intuitive. I got the same error.

Well I think the campaign is pretty much over, not really much point in voting in it now since it's become riddled with brigading. I really hope GW figures out a better way of doing these things in future 🙁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Well I think the campaign is pretty much over, not really much point in voting in it now since it's become riddled with brigading. I really hope GW figures out a better way of doing these things in future 🙁

WTF

image.png.bf1bb8fabfa9612e9591ac29ae59de20.png

EDIT: To clarify. This is from the outside. This was 50-50 not so long ago.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 5